What's new

Banjo-Tooie crashes on JR's Lagoon

avengah

I'm having trouble with Banjo-Tooie, specifically on Jolly Roger's Lagoon. There are a few points where the game crashes out - some random, so I have to use regular save states to stop myself from losing progress, and others at set times. One of those set times is when I go into certain Mumbo's Skulls as Mumbo, so I have to save & quit, and start again, to get back to Banjo and Kazooie - but this is not important - it does not stop me from collecting anything. This particular one is, though - it stops me getting the jiggy on Jolly Roger's Lagoon that you need to glide to in the Smugglers' Cavern. The game crashes out every time I go through the side door to Jolly's Tavern, the door created by the TNT that leads to the Smugglers' Cavern. Does anyone know how I can get around this problem? If you need further details then please let me know.

I thought about transferring my saves over to 1964, but it refused to load them. I'm probably doing something wrong, but I picked "Load Project64 save file" and loaded the BANJO-TOOIE.pj file, after unzipping it, and it froze out. I give up - can anyone help me, please?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Matt

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Banjo-tooie crashes on me as well, the only way around that is to save state a lot, even in 1964 this game crashes, 1964 has other issues like for instance the fire switch in the plateau area is non-operable, we're just outta luck aren't we?

It happens to some but not others, Gent always said it never happened to him.

I know how you feel, its bloody annoying, Apparently the (E) version of this rom is less prone to crashing but I've seen no evidence of that apart from hear-say from other members, never tried it myself.

The best solution is to play the real thing for the time being.

Edit: deleted 3rd post because it had advice which didn't work :p

Last edited:

4real

this problem can be fixed,

Use jabo 1.5 gfx plug in instead off 1.5.1 this sorted the problem for me.

Intoxicated

hmmm can i ask you guys if you have finsihed witchyworld amd also the first 2 worlds? because i did and then i accidentally dleted the game lol. Can anyone possibly give me a save that i could have to ccontinue on, because i can't believe i lost all my progress..next time im making a backup! Yeah, well i need to get tojolly roger's lagoon, so if anyone has any saves it wouls be greatly appreciated!