What's new

Somebody fix Soul Reaver PLZ!

vlbastos

Help! Somebody, please find a way to play Soul Reaver! I know it has that slowmotion bug, but there´s one even worse, that crashes the emu right after the first time you shift worlds in the tutorial. Any help with this one will be greatly appreciated!

aika-san

This excellent game was also released on Playstation and PC. I have the PC version and even though it's an old game it runs well on my P4 with WinXP. I vaguely recall that the intro movie (the one where Kain rips Raziel's wings off)does not play very well, but all the in-game FMV's work fine. It may be better to find a copy of the PC version and use that instead. I know this defeats the whole purpose of emulation, but if you really want to play...

Razmirz

Nooo!
A couple of points First

1. The playstion and pc versions have by far infirour graphics raziels head looks like and axe edge

2. yes it is an emluator bug coz ive tryed i dunno how many differnt rips from differnt people of differnt sizes even the ones that ive burn and run fine dont work with the emulator and the game is nere unplayable without most of the usual voice over

3. ull will find it rather hard normaly to get the pc version to run on anything above win xp sp2 or above

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
If it is an emulator problem (which is the most likely cause), it cannot be fixed until there's a new version of Chankast... if that even fixes it.

aika-san

@Razmirz: Huh. The last post in this thread was nearly 18 months ago. Why drag it up again now. Also, the PC version is playable on the system in my sig. The PSX version plays fine on the latest version of ePSXe. IMHO i'ts still better to be playing now on one of those systems rather than not playing at all due Chankast compatability issues. If you want to wait for the DC version to work on Chankast then I envy your patience;)

Last edited: