What's new

Help my emulator doesn't work

vendetta

ok i downloaded the emulator and the mario kart rom. I run the program and it plays fine until it gets to the starting line, then everything freezes and the screen turns black. I have good graphics card, its a new computer. Can some1 help me with this problem

OP
V

vendetta

i have a
HP Intel Pentium 4 2.80 Ghz
512 MB of RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
Is there anything else i should tell you that would help me

OP
V

vendetta

Can someone plz help me i really i want to figure out whats wrong with my configurations

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Probably a bad rom. Scan with good64 (in the downloads section of Emutalk).
- Modem

zman

Try 1964...

Honestly, the big thing here is to look at other similar threads as this to find the best configuration of plugins possible for these specs.

As long as your Mario Kart rom is good, I see no problems why you can not run the emulator completely. As I use a Radeon 7200 pci on 1964 with no problems in this game.

One more thing...Your sound Card or Chip...What do you use and which plugin is configured for it.

Last point...This is a HP meaning it shares all and everything is shared by the memory...To lessen the effects of bad emulation...I would update video card drivers and sound drivers, maybe even running third party stuff, as the HP default stuff is just that (default)(generic)(Just to make it work) stuff. Other than that you have a box with a 2.8 GHz (ruffly 2.0GHz) for real world apps.

OP
V

vendetta

it probably is having to do with the sound card or video card, so how do i update them, and how do i see what kink of pluggins i have.