What's new

Adding Garbage Bytes to GCM?

dr.dino

Joel Meine, Dr. Dino
I know this may sound a bit ridiculous of a question, but how can I add garbage bytes to a GCM file so the final file size matches precisely a specified size? If anyone has any idea, please respond right away. And if this post is considered a violation of the forum rules, I apologize in advance.

jareg

Just A Guy
dr.dino said:
I know this may sound a bit ridiculous of a question, but how can I add garbage bytes to a GCM file so the final file size matches precisely a specified size? If anyone has any idea, please respond right away. And if this post is considered a violation of the forum rules, I apologize in advance.

I dont think you can if you have already wiped the garbage data

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
I don't know, why you want to do this!?! But try the following thing: open the gcm with isobuster (it works) and at a file (like garbage.bin) with has the size of the missing data. but why you want to do that?

JinXD

dr.dino said:
It can't be done, not to match the original ripped image anyway! As to why you would want to do this is beyond me.....

HyperHacker

Raving Lunatic
Open it in a hex editor and pad the end of the file with 00 or something. There's no way you're going to be able to restore the original garbage data, though.

nasheez

how to play gcm file on win?

:saint: hi, i'm trying to open "the legend of zelda-four swords adventures". i have it as *.gcm file, and i really don't have an idea how to make it work on windows.
i tried using dolphin and other programs to play it, but nothing is helping.
can anybody tell me how to do please?[/
COLOR]