What's new

black screen on mupen64

dennis

i have serious problems using mupen64 on linux gentoo. possibly i simply dont understand the way, this emulator works. when i try to run a rom, everything seems to work. i am able to open it. nothing appears in this "good nane" table, but i dont get any error messages. when i push the "play"-button, a new window opens, but stays black. i dont know, what i do wrong. could this append on this "good name" definition in mupen64.ini? is there any documentation, i should read. unfortunately, i have not found anything by googleing.

tanks in advace!
dennis

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
In the configuration option, define the path to your roms, and then double click on the game you want to play. You may also want to define which plugin to use. Everything can be configured in the gui, so play with all the buttons and you should figure out how it works in the end.

OP
D

dennis

thanks, i got the files in this list now (stupid me), but nevertheless the screen remains black. i use "2 - TR64 OpenGL v0.8.7-pre1" as video plugin. the shell in which i start mupen says:

Code:
[TR64GL]: (II) Getting video info...
[TR64GL]: (II) Setting video mode 640x480...
[TR64GL]: (II) Running on GeForce2 MX/AGP/SSE/3DNOW! OpenGL by NVIDIA Corporatio

so there are really no errors, but the screen stays black :(

any ideas? thanks again!
dennis

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
This gfx plugin is old... please download the latest version (0.4) and use one of the more recent plugin included : Glide64, GLN64 or rice's plugin.

OP
D

dennis

oh well, thanks a lot. everything works perfectly now. you guys did a great job. my problem was, that i prefer to install programms, that are in the gentoo portage. the latest version there is 0.3. but now i installed 0.4 and i am quite impressed. thank you for the nice support!!!

dennis