What's new

Donkey Kong 64 camera bug AND intro bug fixed!

Tesla-Guy

My friend nator, had donkey kong 64 running perfectly on 1964 and when we searched his options, we discovered that nator had "emulate clear" selected in framebuffer. SO! Use jabo's D3d6 or 7 1.4 plugin and select Framebuffer: Emulate clear. Enjoy DK64!:colgate: :colgate:

OP
Tesla-Guy

Tesla-Guy

Dunno, when i have emulate clear selected and start with intro i can see the intro and then i appear in a see, with K. Rool's ship. I press start > exit level and i appear in an Aztec Temple. Then i go on a "2" button and it continues intro.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Someone be a dear and figure this out would I you ;) Is the intro prob core or plugin?

OP
Tesla-Guy

Tesla-Guy

lmao smiff, ofcourse it's plugin problem! Since i can play everything correct... i have (U) (!) version of game btw. There are some other problems which i think it's core problems.
a)while i hang up on a rope sometimes i desappear and start from the beggining of the level.
b)i was training and suddenly i appeared in blank space. i went left, and i rejoined the training level but there was no timer! :p

I can't remember having those bugs in pj1.2 or 1.3 when i was playing it, even with the camera and intro bug.

OP
Tesla-Guy

Tesla-Guy

I think i'm not getting the real n64 intro:
I start a new game, and see the parrot flying, then seals swim, i see KRool's ship, and i appear in a sea, which only has KRool's ship and a rock. I can do nothing there. I press the start button, and choose exit level. then i appear in "angry aztec" level and there is a "2" button and a "1" button. when i select 2 button i see inside KRool's ship intro( he imprisoned all other kongs except DK) and then appear in DKhouse, and continue normally. when i select 1 button, i see a different intro(KRool is waiting and pointing to DK's empty prison, and then the ship crashes on the rock and they get lower, and i reappear in the sea...

D.K.

Emu Ape
In my experience Rare has some code on their roms. I played Perfect Dark for the gameboy(I played it for the hell of it) and it told me to only play the game on an official nintendo product when I got to a stage into the game. Ill try to reproduce it and post it. I only seen the screen once. Maybe they are doing it here too.

Cobra95

Tesla-Guy said:
I think i'm not getting the real n64 intro:
I start a new game, and see the parrot flying, then seals swim, i see KRool's ship, and i appear in a sea, which only has KRool's ship and a rock. I can do nothing there. I press the start button, and choose exit level. then i appear in "angry aztec" level and there is a "2" button and a "1" button. when i select 2 button i see inside KRool's ship intro( he imprisoned all other kongs except DK) and then appear in DKhouse, and continue normally. when i select 1 button, i see a different intro(KRool is waiting and pointing to DK's empty prison, and then the ship crashes on the rock and they get lower, and i reappear in the sea...

I was getting exactly that myself at one point. (Don't recall why it stopped happening either.) "Emulate clear" works as advertised for me (thanks!), but there are still some problems here, similar to that intro one. For instance, when I start to swing across the vines on the overworld (up near the Aztec level entrance) with DK, I'll occasionally fall out of the game world, or it will do the "DK"-spin thing and send send me back to the beginning. Weird. What's clear is that the emu will lose its place in this game when conditions are right.

OP
Tesla-Guy

Tesla-Guy

Yea, that happens with ALL vines in ALL levels :hrm: it surely is a protection or 1964 core problem. I have played it a bit with pj64 1.3 w/ jabo's1.3. There are no problems at all (except camera and intro) so it's 1964 fault

Cobra95

I have it on the real N64 too, but I do care. There's something indescribably neat about playing console games on an emulator that enhances the experience with markedly better renders and a real saving system. (Add mouse and keyboard control to FPS's like PD.) The challenge is to get them to work well enough otherwise so that it's a worthwhile exercise.

Allnatural

little_dogus1 said:
it hangs whenever i try to climb a tree, does this happen to you guys to? and yes, i have emulate clear selected.
A quote from Rice in an earlier thread:
The problem when DK is on top of the tree seems to be a new probem in 0.72+, no problem in 0.7.1.

To work it around, you can use 0.7.1 to play, and save state. Of course you can use 0.7.1 to play all the game, but if you want, you can use 0.7.3 to load the save state.

OP
Tesla-Guy

Tesla-Guy

hellknight said:
i think it will be never emulated really good,well who cares i got it on the real n64;)
Hellknight could you act usefully for other people for once and post how the intro on the real n64 is?
or Cobra95 plz
thank you

Cobra95

Tesla-Guy said:

Hellknight could you act usefully for other people for once and post how the intro on the real n64 is?
or Cobra95 plz
thank you

I hope the "act usefully for once" doesn't carry down too. LOL! I'm at work now, but I'll check at home. If no one else has covered it, I'll reply. From (horrible) memory: it goes through the "DK rap", then goes into an attract mode. When you press Start, DK jumps out into a jungle setting and grabs a barrel, holding it over his head. You choose from a rotating menu. He'll throw the barrel you choose at the screen. Game starts with some cut scene about the disappearance of DK's banana horde--really fuzzy here, sorry. The game itself starts out inside DK's shack up a tree.