What's new

What is the best emulator out there for n64?

Gacler

I just wanted to ask what is the best emulator for n64, I have a PIII 750mhz, 16mb video card, 256mb ram, I downloaded Project 64 v1.4 and is prety cool, but dosnt run much games, also nemu v0.7 but its tooooo slow, I used corn b4, and was prety cool for mario 64 game, so, now that I got this computer, maybe you guys can tell me what is the best emulator for it?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
i just think your expectations might be a bit high... Project64 runs 80-90% of games.. unless you're trying to run the other 10-20% you should be OK with that?

OP
G

Gacler

thanks

Thanks, I downloaded that program, but I got this ugly problem, when I try to load a rom (mario kart/wave race,etc) I cant because I get a message saying that there is a video plugin exeption and it wont load the roms :S
what can I do?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
nooo stick with Project64.

Have you verified your ROMS with GoodN64?
Have you read the configuration section of the user manual? you may have changed something that you shouldnt have, if in doubt run the .reg file in \uninstall and start again without changing anything.

Zoomer

If your not a complete computer dumb ass, PJ64 is amazing when you get everything set up right, dontchano!
:pj64:

OP
G

Gacler

ok

ok, I'm using pj64, the problem that I mentioned b4 was with 1964, because I wanted to run the roms that I cant with pj64.. and nemu runs too low..well, gona sleep now,later

Olax

my own 5 pence worth.........

For the screenshot page I test in the following order

1964 - it's still being actively developed and compatability is great(with PJ graphic)

Pj64 - great compatability but closed project at the moment

Nemu - has own graphic drivers so supports a number of games that won't run on the above

Deadalus - again runs a couple of games that none of the others can (welltris etc)

apollo, TR64

Smiff

Emutalk Member
you've got to run before you can walk.. if you can't get PJ64 to work, you don't have much chance of getting results from 1964. I think. That's all.

EDIT: walk before you run, even.

zero0w

Maverick Hunter
Yeah, might be interested to see an article on N64 emulator roundup. It's not to downplay the value of emu-authors great effort, but to clarify the progress or status of the whole N64 emu-scene, which is 3 years old by now.