What's new

Gamecube for £150!!! WOOT!!!

Remote

Yes, it is indeed cheap for a new system, cheaper then the other alternatives except the dreamcast. But it feels like Nintendo has let us european gamers down, they announced a world wide simultanious launch and when they finally launch they do it in stages with europe being the last one.

If I were to live an eternity I am almost certain that I would never see european gamers needs being met before the others. I had my mind set on mars, the month not the planet, and now when the date is finally announced and set it is almost a year later then the japaneese launch, and when thinking back on my prior Nintendo history, delays are still posible.

I do realize that if europe would have used the NTSC video format it the GC would have been here by now, if only supply could be met. But instead of punishing us for using another video format, PAL, Nintendo have made slight modifications to the GC hardware and is pushing developers to make NTSC to PAL conversions worthy european gamers, hopefully this is the end of letterboxed NTSC to PAL conversions...

http://cube.ign.com/news/41252.html

Remote said:

I do realize that if europe would have used the NTSC video format it the GC would have been here by now, if only supply could be met. But instead of punishing us for using another video format, PAL, Nintendo have made slight modifications to the GC hardware and is pushing developers to make NTSC to PAL conversions worthy european gamers, hopefully this is the end of letterboxed NTSC to PAL conversions...

http://cube.ign.com/news/41252.html

*AHEM!* N(ever)T(wice)I(n)S(ame)C(olour) or NTSC as far less of a reliable standard than PAL... Also Nintendo offering time to do conversions of games from NTSC to PAL is nothing new at all... what would be nice is if they included support for 60hz in games... which any tv with a scart socket can do

Remote

What you are refering to is exactly what they are doing, I decided between pasting the news into my previous post and to make a link to the news, the choice is obvious.

If you press and hold B when booting your PAL GC it will allow you to use the PAL60 video format, which acts and looks more or less exactly like a NTSC tv, instead of refreshing the screen at 50hz it will do so at 60hz. And yes, you are right this can be accomplished by any tv that uses the SCART interface.

Remote said:
If you press and hold B when booting your PAL GC it will allow you to use the PAL60 video format, which acts and looks more or less exactly like a NTSC tv, instead of refreshing the screen at 50hz it will do so at 60hz. And yes, you are right this can be accomplished by any tv that uses the SCART interface.

bleh whats wrong with giving you an option before the game loads? (see i still found something to complain about :p)

Rjx

I

I saw that this morning.....I only have one thing to say......wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

£150 is nowt for a brand new console!! bearing in mind the ps2 is still £199 here... and games are usually around £40... its screwy though... we pay in punds what americans pay in dollars... which means we pay 1.4x more for the same damn thing ???

Remote

If we were to recieve something extra for the extra money we pay for the console that it would not be an issue, console plus one game would be a fair deal. Exactly what are we paying extra for?

OP
blizz

blizz

sytaylor said:
£150 is nowt for a brand new console!! bearing in mind the ps2 is still £199 here... and games are usually around £40... its screwy though... we pay in punds what americans pay in dollars... which means we pay 1.4x more for the same damn thing ???

not really nowadays what with the advent of the Euro and a consumer backlash towards it.

Remote said:
If we were to recieve something extra for the extra money we pay for the console that it would not be an issue, console plus one game would be a fair deal. Exactly what are we paying extra for?

inderictly... the NHS, education, armed forces... we're not the economic power we are because of our business, its cos british ppl are taxed like crazy... and on that we build good trade

blizz said:

you're a fool if you don't want the UK to join the Euro

how so? because i dont see the point? i dont see what good it brings? i cant see any tangible use for it besides blair ass licking the rest of europe to be "politically correct"

its pointless, it does nothing but loose value, its a waste of government time and resource, its a waste of space... why do i need it? whats the point in reinventing the wheel just to keep the euro cronies happy? im no ludditie... when change is needed change can be good... when there is absolutley no point or requirement for change it pisses me off when people do it to keep other nations happy and make up some half arsed bullshit about how its good for us