What's new

Sonic Adventure 2 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Mits

Eternal Darkness
HI everyone! This is my first post ever on a forum.
I have a problem with Sonic Adventure 2. Even though I have managed to reach Final Chase on the Dark Side, the emulator freezes about half second after the beginning of the stage. Sometimes it will freeze at 0.32, others at 0.44 and 0.56. I have a Pentium 4 2.0A GHz, 512MiB DDR SDRAM PC2100, GeForce 5200 FX (128MiB). Does anyone have the same problem? Other info: WinXP Pro SP1, DirectX 9.0c, ForceWare Drivers 61.44 (or was it 61.77? Anyway, the most recent till 4th September). Thanks for your concern in advance.

P.S. I reached that far using wireframe. The worst stage was White Jungle. Green Forest too. However, i cannot test if the same happens in Final Rush too, because I can't beat King Boom Boo cause I can't see his shadow! Damn... maybe I should have bought ATi.

And something interesting: 2player mode is extremely fun and stupid with the graphics being messed up all over the screen. (try and you'll see what i mean)

P.S.2 (NOT Playstation 2): Sorry for the long text...

Cid

From what I heard most people with Nvidia graphic card have a lot of problem with Sonic Adventure 2. Fortunately I have an ATI card so the game is very playable. Like you, I can't beat King Boom Boo either. All I did was get a game save and load after that stage. Two player is a pain in the ass becuase the texture overlap. Other than that, the game is perfect :)

OP
Dark Mits

Dark Mits

Eternal Darkness
I know about the Nvidia problem. I am just wondering whether it crashes because of using an Nvidia card or due to a bad dump or copy of my Sonic Adventure 2 Disc. If it is because of an Nvidia-Chankast bug then i am not to worry (someday even in 2 years it will be fixed), but if it is because of a bad dump then i have to find another copy.

Where do you find Chankast compliant save files?

Last edited:

Cid

I can't tell you about the Nvidia part but I can say for sure it doesn't crash when I was playing the Final Chase on the dark side. If your game does crash on stage 1 of the light side, you will need a patch to fix the game. If it doesn't, your image should be fine. Dreamcast Save file can be found on Gamefaqs. Just download the DCI file and use vmsbrowser to import the save into the memory card.

OP
Dark Mits

Dark Mits

Eternal Darkness
No it does not hang anywhere else so far [I wouldn't have reached King Boom Boo otherwise ;) ]. Thanx for the info anyway.

sonic_14

I beat King Boom Boo without shadows(I am with GeForce 4 MX video card and I used wireframe but this doesn't help for shadows problem).My game was freezed at first level and i used the patch and the game now work OK.But is terrible with those diagonally.In wireframe the game is almost unplayble :( .I hope the next version will fix this bug.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.