What's new

help w/ perfect dark on linux

nuk3

I'm trying to run perfect dark on mupen64 in linux.

The only video plugin that will work at all is the Glide64 plugin, and it runs *very* slowly.

I have an AMD64 3200+ processor, a Radeon 9200 graphics card (I couldn't get 3d accel working :yucky: ) 1gb of memory, etc. I have the latest version of mupen64.

Please help... thanks!

/nuk3

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
First of all try to update the drivers of your video card. After that try several video plugins. If none of the plugins work then it must be an issue of the drivers (try to tweak the driver settings of your video card.

Last edited:

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
As long as you can't get 3d acceleration working with your card, you can't expect any 3d application (including mupen64) to work correctly.... I can't really help as i've never installed any ATI video card on linux, but i know it's possible because many people have reported it to work.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I had to mess with 3D accel with Fedora Core 1 an dmy 9600XT, you really should just have to follow ATI's install instructions to get it working, that's all I had to do.

BountyJedi

ive also having problems getting 3d accel too work in my computer (i've just installed linux yippie) even the demos run so slow that bleurk..
any good advice on installing a ati radeon9800pro card on gentoolinux? the howtos about 3d accel on the gentoo site confuse me =p
also im kind of new too linux just got it too work the other day yippie

im running on a 2.6.8 kernel with a p4 proccesor if the kernel has some matter to it. also framebuffer(if that matters) is off had problems getting X to work with it on

maybe should try to configure X a bit though kind-of skipped that

edit:nvm i got it working somehow i just felt for testing mupen and whoops there was 120 fps in the n64 demo so its working :D

Last edited: