Which is better Avast antivirus or AVG?

• Avast

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • AVG

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Avast is better, because Avast has the fastest automatic updating method available and I did get wording of AVG faling to detect some viruses that Avast was able to detect.

vileP

I like AVG better, as the updates are usually less than 200kb, except for a few times when there's a major update.

OP
minkster

minkster

i just switched to avast and by far i have to say its better than AVG. it even does boot time scans :) . by the way, does avast take up a lot of resources?

smcd

minkster said:
i just switched to avast and by far i have to say its better than AVG. it even does boot time scans :) . by the way, does avast take up a lot of resources?

You're running it, you tell us! :p

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I don't leave avast running in the background

I just use it to scan every now and then, resources are not important if you do that hehe.

altharic

Fruit Machine Emulator Geek
I'll be honest here and say neither I have found that both have at one point missed viruses some very nasty ones I use one called f-prot which I installed on a machine with AVG on it and it found 5 viruses that were missed.

My advice is avoid and look elsewhere.

Alth

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I like avast, its a helluva lot faster then sysworks 2k4, which is just bad bloatware at this point.