What's new

Unkown microcode -- Please notify Orkin....

OP
H

huffma

ciruZ said:
Why don't you use the Glide64 Plugin? Nobody wants the glN64 Plugin anymore ;)

Well because Glide64 performs bad on Shadowgate and Mario Golf compared to glN64.

ciruZ

Hm, ok, that's a reason. I don't have those games and all games I have are better with Glide64. :)

mclaren34

Is there a way to access that microcode screen? I recently switched to glN64 and everything worked great until I played Mario Kart. When I opened the ROM, this same box popped up and I chose the corresponding microcode. Mario Kart played great but now none of my other games will work. And assuming I can get back to this box, what value do I want to select (ie, which one was it originally on before I manually changed it)? Is there a default of some kind for most games?

ciruZ

mclaren34 said:
Is there a way to access that microcode screen? I recently switched to glN64 and everything worked great until I played Mario Kart. When I opened the ROM, this same box popped up and I chose the corresponding microcode. Mario Kart played great but now none of my other games will work. And assuming I can get back to this box, what value do I want to select (ie, which one was it originally on before I manually changed it)? Is there a default of some kind for most games?
Mario Kart doesn't work very well with glN64.
For your glN64 Problem: Try using an older version (they actually work better) or even better: Use Glide64, it works perfectly on all games I have. It's the first plugin that does many games without any gfx errors.

mclaren34

ciruZ said:
Mario Kart doesn't work very well with glN64.
For your glN64 Problem: Try using an older version (they actually work better) or even better: Use Glide64, it works perfectly on all games I have. It's the first plugin that does many games without any gfx errors.

I tried Glide64 and I thought it sucked. I had to use the eVoodoo wrapper and it just looked like crap. So either I did something wrong (very likely) or my setup doesn't like it.

From what I read I was supposed to put the Glide64 plugin in the appropriate folder and then put the eVoodoo stuff in the main folder. Then select that plugin (which limits to full screen only) and then use the eVoodoo thing to force full screen. Is that right or am I totally retarded?

ciruZ

mclaren34 said:
I tried Glide64 and I thought it sucked. I had to use the eVoodoo wrapper and it just looked like crap. So either I did something wrong (very likely) or my setup doesn't like it.

From what I read I was supposed to put the Glide64 plugin in the appropriate folder and then put the eVoodoo stuff in the main folder. Then select that plugin (which limits to full screen only) and then use the eVoodoo thing to force full screen. Is that right or am I totally retarded?
Use the plugin ported by Hacktarux, not the original. It's the best plugin I ever had :).
Hacktarux' one doesn't need a wrapper, he ported it to OpenGL.

mclaren34

ciruZ said:
Use the plugin ported by Hacktarux, not the original. It's the best plugin I ever had :).
Hacktarux' one doesn't need a wrapper, he ported it to OpenGL.

I just played GoldenEye with Glide64 and I didn't think it looked very good. Not nearly as good as the Jabo or glN64 plugins. Is that normal?

Last edited:

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
If you want to use Glide64, use the latest version and use the wrapper included in the archive.

About the original question, i don't know where the gln64 config is stored on windows.