What's new

Burning a CD image?

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
So I got this CD image in BIN/CUE format. It was not bootable on it's own until I used this program called Exoboot. :)

So now I have a CDI image which is bootable (tested works fine), but when I go to burn to a real CD it says there is not enough room on my media. :( And apparently my drive cannot overburn properly? (NEC 2500A)

Any clues to help me get this on a real CD so I can use it on my "external" ;) CD player?

If this breaks any rules I will delete ASAP. I'm just not sure where to turn to get help on this.

thanks

Eagle

aka Alshain
LazerTag said:
So I got this CD image in BIN/CUE format. It was not bootable on it's own until I used this program called Exoboot. :)

So now I have a CDI image which is bootable (tested works fine), but when I go to burn to a real CD it says there is not enough room on my media. :( And apparently my drive cannot overburn properly? (NEC 2500A)

Any clues to help me get this on a real CD so I can use it on my "external" ;) CD player?

If this breaks any rules I will delete ASAP. I'm just not sure where to turn to get help on this.

thanks

Are you using a standard 74 minute CD or an extended 80 minute CD? If the former is true, then its time to go shopping.

OP
L

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Know what? I did not even look! The CD's were from a buddy of mine. The last pack he sent me was 80min, but this pack is not the same brand. I just opened them and started burning away. lol! I think I'll check when I get home, hehe.

OP
L

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Yep they are 80 minute CD's

Do they make 90 minute?

I'd hate to waste a DVD-R on this and not even really know if it would work anyway.

Gorxon

Administrator
Yep, they do make 90 minutes. Not all burners support them though, but google should give you a hint...

And, you honestly can't afford to waste one DVD-R? :)

-Shadow-

Banned
Why can't you afford it to waste one little DVD-R ? A 5-Pack costs around 3€ in europe ! ( Ok , it's only in the supermarket , but the DVD's still have a good quality [ Ritek CD/DVD factory is very nice ! ] )

OP
L

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
I can "afford" to waste one, I just "hate" to waste one, lol.

Guess I will try that route. Thanks much for the info so far.

IceWarm

I can afford to waste a DVD+R disc. You can get 100 disc spindles for fairly low prices if you shop around.