What's new

No sound

cuda7171

Banned
no way! tell me whats everything else?chankast games? did it work fine with service pack 1?, and how you set up chankast,etc then i can help.

there are know XP SP2 issues.

OzTm

cuda7171 said:
no way! tell me whats everything else?chankast games?

He says that he has no sound in Chankast (that's the purpose of this thread, I believe... ) Everything else most probably means sound in other programs, like Winamp, PC Games, and so on...

cuda7171 said:
did it work fine with service pack 1?, and how you set up chankast,etc then i can help.

Yeah, seems that SP2 kinda sucks, isn't it?

OP
IceFlow2

IceFlow2

cuda7171 said:
no way! tell me whats everything else?chankast games? did it work fine with service pack 1?, and how you set up chankast,etc then i can help.

Everything else is exactly that!
Of course it worked fine with SP1
I shouldnt have to spell these things ut to you :p

I extracted it to my hard drive placed the "write only" US bios in the same directory. Games run but with no sound including the dreamcast logo at the start.

I am using Alcohol 120% virtual drive that has worked fine with my games previously except Soul Calibur which requires Daemon 3.29

OP
IceFlow2

IceFlow2

I think I know what it is.

Ive just tried to open nvidia mixer for its nforce 2 audio driver and it comes up with a C++ runtime error.

Maybe Chankast need to acces the mixer for sound to work?

OP
IceFlow2

IceFlow2

For some reason after the SP2 install my windows audio service was stopped.
It seems that Chankast and NvMixer requires this service.

Problem solved.
Thanks

cuda7171

Banned
IceFlow2 said:
Everything else is exactly that!
Of course it worked fine with SP1
I shouldnt have to spell these things ut to you :p

I extracted it to my hard drive placed the "write only" US bios in the same directory. Games run but with no sound including the dreamcast logo at the start.

I am using Alcohol 120% virtual drive that has worked fine with my games previously except Soul Calibur which requires Daemon 3.29

hey i dont know you ,or your version of everything else ! i was just trying to help, and to do that i need info. good to here you got to the bottom of it

OzTm

cuda7171, don't worry man! We just thought of it being obvious. We know you wanted to help. That's what we all do here, isn't it? stay cool :bouncy:

IceFlow2, great to see you fixed it.