What's new

Giri Giri/Cassini Questions

jessman1988

Banned
Hey. Don't worry. I'm not asking for a bios, iso's, or where to get these emulators. I just wanted to ask if it's against the rules to ask for help in running these emulators. The thing is, I'm having some problems, but I won't post them until it's clarified if I'm allowed to or not. If I may, please reply so that I can ask for some assistance. If I can't and am at risk of being banned or having a locked topic, just please kindly delete this thread. Thank you.

OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
Well, the thing is, I just wanted to ask if anyone has figured out how to enable frame-skip yet. I've been trying to play Nights into Dreams but it's just too dang slow. I've heard that it's possible to set a frame-skip, but I just can't figure out how. Thanks again.

zman

I know nothing or seen nothing on frame skip, but to run nights into dreams faster you need to mess around with the games.dat file.

Here is an example of Dracula X I did which enhances game speed...

The semi-colon ";" is used so that line is not read by emulator...

;Dracula X: Noctourne in the Moonlight (J)
[T-9527G] <---Need to change serial number for nights into dreams
PriorityMode=4 <---Sets focus on the layer... Default is "0"
;EdsrShift=0
Vsync=45 ;or 16 <---find a number low or high that gives more framerate...
;MaxTexCnt=1200
;BankChck=1
;CDWait=0 <---Pertains to cd in cd drive if using cd drive & not *.bin/*.cue
;ADXStream=0
;OneSectorWait=0
;NormalSpriteCheck=0 <---Messes with graphics...
;DistSpriteCheck=0
;CharPtnChck=1
;ScaleSpriteCheck=0
FrameWait=166 <---sets focus on gfx sounds in forfront or music in forfront...
"0" gfx & "166" music "83" is midpoint...

Give it a try for Nights into Dreams...If I get time I will post actual settings for this game...

OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
jeez. thank you! i never expected an actual reply! man. i'll try to tinker with it, but I have the Special Night that also has the Christmas Edition so I don't know if that effects anything or not.

zman

No, the special Night edition should not effect anything at all. It's just a compilation of the games that currently work. The important parts are the serial number, vsync and framewait. Use prioritymode to jump through the layers only if the emulator is having trouble showing the forground layers.

Remember: F3 & 1-6 for layers in game options for emulator. Also speed is enhanced if there is an in game option to turn of sound. Hit F4 for layer and fps info while in game.

Write back if you have trouble...