What's new

Better CPU or Graphics card?

Karachi

I am going to upgrade my computer but i am wondering what i should spend my money on. I realy want Chankast to run perfectly on my new specs. Right now it´s a bit unstable in the FPS.

My Computer now:
P4 1,7ghz
512mb Sdram
Geforce 3 ti500 (Leadtek)

I am thinking of buying a better graphics card or buying the following components:

* EPoX EP-8K9A7i Motherboard for Socket A KT400A, ATA/133, AC97, ATX, USB2.0, LAN

* AMD Sempron 2600+ 1.833 GHz Socket A 333MHz, 256KB cache, BOXED

* DDR-DIMM PC3200 512MB DDR CL2.5 Minne 184-P (for DDR-PC400MHz) (AMD OK)

* Cooler Master CPU Cooler Socket A/7/FCPGA, Up to AMD XP3200+

jareg

Just A Guy
Buy the following components if you want to get better Fps in Chankast

You should get this
* AMD Sempron 2600+ 1.833 GHz Socket A 333MHz, 256KB cache, BOXED
Definatly

SUpCORE

A faster gfx-card would not make much different (maybe in high resolutions) Chankast gets its speeds from the cpu, maybe with future releases the gpu would make a different.

Fina

Yeah. Upgrade the CPU. Chankast runs the exact same between 640x480 and 1024x768 w/ Full FSAA/AF on a 9800 pro. The CPU upgrade should make the greatest increase.

abba

ZERO_TOP_HELPER
i upgraded to intel 4.0 processor and 4b of ram still chanka is not runnign some game sit should run

abba

ZERO_TOP_HELPER
yeh better processor and gfx card key elements to sucess still i am having some gfx glistches on my system video card with sonic 2 i hope it is fix in the next version
but chanka is flying

Flash

Technomage
Strange times... strange people. $300+ upgrade instead of $50 DC...
Chankast is very good tool for homebrew developers. But for gaming...
Not now. Nobody can run Chankast perfectly because it's early alpha. It's very good for such early alpha but of course it's still far from word "perfect". Wait two years and then...

Jigga0o7

Overclocking Junkie
abba said:
i upgraded to intel 4.0 processor and 4b of ram still chanka is not runnign some game sit should run

What?

Well first of all if you're going to get a better cpu, stay away from the sempron. Just get a 2500+ desktop version or mobile and you won't regret it.

Sempron 2600+
1.833ghz
166mhz fsb
256kb L2 cache

Barton 2500+
1.833ghz
166mhz fsb
512kb L2 cache

As you can see. the PR of the sempron doesn't even match up correctly.