What's new

Need help

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
I didnt know where to put this thread, so i decided to put it here. I know this has nothing to do with the emulation of dreamcast, but i'd really appreciate it if i can have sum help on this:
A mate of mine bought my dreamcast last week for £30 plus the games that I 'obtained'. I wanted to keep them as i could play them on chankast, so after about 8 hours of copying them all, I wrapped them up and gave them to him. Now, next day, He phones me up and says that the games arent working, as they all go to the sega screen and lock up, or sum of them go to the music player. So i went round to see it for myself, as they had all worked when the dreamcast was at mine, and to my surprise, they didnt. I asked him to try EVERY game just to make sure. He did that and only about 5 out of 25 worked. Ive now got the cds with me again to see whats wrong with them. Ive tried them all on chanka and they all work, so ive got no idea what to do, hes cleaned the lens but thats no good, what do u think i should do?

IceWarm

Are they self boot games? If they are not your friend will need the boot disc. Also when you record them you should use the RAW DAO recording mode if possible.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
If the music player thing came you would need the utopia boot disk, like IceWarm said before.
If you have NERO Images you HAVE TO USE the 5.5x version, the new doesn't support DC Images and all should be corrupt. Or you have to change them all with exoboots tool to cdi. Just use CD to Image and check "game is selfbootable" and "Don't remove dummy files" and check the cdi image thing, then burn it with DJ 4.x and all of the should work!

OP
DarthDazDC

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
but i burned it with alcohol 120% and they worked fine while the dreamcast was at my house.

Aakuma

Utopia

Hi I'm the friend of DarthDazG I havent tried the Utopia boot disk, do you know where i can get 1 from?

IceWarm

Google is your friend. :) Do a search there. I think asking for images on these forums is against the rules, even though it is just a boot disc.

OP
DarthDazDC

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
Only asking for iso's of commercial games is against the rules, not asking for a boot disk.

Last edited: