What's new

unofficial release of vba Link1.6a

destro

The first GBA emulator with link, no$gba, is released for free. But have you never wanted to trade between Ruby and Sapphire, or even between Sapphire and Leaf Green?
Now it's possible!
VBALink 1.6a is a normal Visualboy Advance 1.6a for Windows, but it supports up to four* GBAs linked together!
Of course it's free (even opensource), so get it, try it, and spread it to whomever might want it.

This is not an official release of VBA!

http://vbalink.wz.cz/

BountyJedi

well wasnt it possible in no$gba if you had the ts2.bios ? i dont know ive got yet to test =P mostly played 4 swords and mariokart on no$gba (finally multipak link yippie!!)

MAD_BOY

weird guy
haha, i just tried this, but with mario kart both players see the stuff that player 1 does :p
but this is a really nice thing, speeds are great, quality is great
it needs some more work, but looking at what these guys allready did with vba, i think it wont be hard for them to work these bugs out of it

EmuLu

Sorry but the link to download the compile version is dead "404 error", please I beg for the compile version to try it :) Thanks in advance :)

OP
destro

destro

Sorry but the link to download the compile version is dead "404 error", please I beg for the compile version to try it Thanks in advance

why not try the tar.bz2 file.you can extract from power archiver

EmuLu

destro said:
why not try the tar.bz2 file.you can extract from power archiver

Sorry, I do not understand what you rae talking about :( What is Power Archive A web site? Also, I have Borland C++ 3. something for DOS is this gonna work to compile?

foogy

what version of vba are they using official, kevins, or ce? itd be sweet if it was kevins....

OP
destro

destro

Sorry, I do not understand what you rae talking about What is Power Archive A web site? Also, I have Borland C++ 3. something for DOS is this gonna work to compile?

PowerArchiver 2004 is one of the most powerful archive utilites

you can download it from here

EmuLu

GREAT! i could open it :) (With WinRAR another great compressor)
Working perfect with Pokemon ruby and Sapphire english. I got 300 FPS without sound :) and no bugs on the linking system :) THANKSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smcd

EmuLu said:
Sorry, I do not understand what you rae talking about :( What is Power Archive A web site? Also, I have Borland C++ 3. something for DOS is this gonna work to compile?

Nope that compiler won't do it. For the Windows edition of VBA I'm pretty sure you have to use VC++ 6 or later.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
The best multiplayer emu is still No$GBA, because of you don't have to reopen every time a new window... Hope to see this into these version, too!

MAD_BOY

weird guy
destro said:
I was Just wondering whether pokemon crystal trading works in vba link
not yet, since the 'normal' link mode isn't implented yet (only 1 of the 5 modes is impleted) and all gbc games use the 'normal' link mode

macoco

simple the feature I was looking for to be added in Visual Boy Advance!(by far the best emulator). I didn't work with Yugioh :yucky: but with sound and working at full speed is the best feature someone could have added to vba.

I hope they make it compatible with yugi and other games.

BFeely

At one point I got it to run Legend of Zelda Four Swords with two instances of VBA Link, but it soon lost sync and stopped working.

†kYo†

Master Orochi
why not use the tgb dual emulator you can use it to link gbc games, I can attach it here if you want