What's new

Nemu on XP

I'm trying to decide exactly how the answer given to your question is going to help you, and after much searching of this message board for posts on this subject, personally I don't think it will, so I'll try instead.

I could be wrong , but I don't think it will work on XP as this is the operating system I'm using also.

Is the error message "video plugin error, error enter ddponly, Lpd3d already defined ?

If anybody could assist me (us), without telling me to read the rules etc, it would be most appreciated.

thankyou.

AMD450, VOODOO 3 PCI, WINDOWS XP, 398 LOTS OF RAM
SOUNDBLASTER 128

Josep

eyerun4phun
yes it works beautifully on xp, you have to be allot more specific with the error and you have to make sure you check the answers to questions like that on websites like: smiff.clara.net

I know the computers not the fastest in the world. In fact I've only just converted it from steam to electric driven.

However I'm going to find it a bit difficult to be more specific about the error, because that is the complete error message. I could try measuring the size of the box that the error message is in , apart from that I'm afraid it's all I have to work with at the moment.

Best Wishes

Tesla-Guy

NoStupidName said:
I'm trying to decide exactly how the answer given to your question is going to help you, and after much searching of this message board for posts on this subject, personally I don't think it will, so I'll try instead.
Yea, actually, in Rules, i wrote that if you get an error every time you try running a game in nemu64, disable all "show ... error" options. If you have already try updating your video drivers and post your damn specs :p

Pineconeboy

Tesla-Guy said:
lol i'm a non-noticing asshole :p neway, i think nemu doesn't work with pci gfx cards. not sure though

I'm pretty sure my vid card is PCI, and Nemu works fer me. But I'm also running Win98.

Tesla-Guy

hmm.. ok... are you sure that XP recognises your PCI cards as primary cards and not secondary? Cauz Nemu only runs with primary vid cards. Try downloading a proggie from smiff's site utilities section that makes the card primary video card.

Tesla-Guy

DONT continue with XP. keep on guy's problem. any further XP posts will be deleted. i don't want this thread to "Moved by Moderators"
Thx

hotshitu

Banned
ur a such a dumbass. no more xp posts, eh? then what was your post about ?
anywho, the undefined thingie often happens to (but isn't limited to) voodoo people running nemu from a 24/32bpp
desktop, yadda yadda.... now go delete this message, since i mentioned xp, the other kid probably figuredout what the problem was by himself ages ago. blurgh. gad this forum has come suchaloooong way :/

Tesla-Guy

haha , when i say no more xp posts, i mean no more gobbering about which OS is best, XP vs 98/ME/2000. AND y shouldn't i post my opinion. I said to stop, cauz i don't want to move this thread to "Moved By Moderators" cauz of 100 replies of arguying which OS is the best, since this thread helps alot Voodoo people. Kthx

_gpf_

Nah, XP is great if it works with you system's config. My brother uses XP on his sys and it works wonderfully. Only go back if you're having major troubles with things. (like i had with my printer)

_gpf_

Chill, man, i was just sayin' you shouldn't be fecking with your operating system if it already works well for ya... geez...

Shinji

To directly reply to your question. It does work on Windows XP. But as you haven't replied in a while, I guess all is well ^_^.