What's new

Windows XP Service Pack 2

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
It'd be interesting to know how the emulators that are using a dynarec are working with sp2 and an amd64....

smcd

Hacktarux said:
It'd be interesting to know how the emulators that are using a dynarec are working with sp2 and an amd64....

Why, regarding the NX feature?

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
yes, i guess this feature will probably break some cores but it's probably possible to disable the feature for some applications anyway...

smcd

If I am understanding how it works correctly, you can modify the PE header information of the executable to make certain segments EWR (execute, read, writeable). This may be a way to bypass it?

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I have SP2 i got from bittorrent, I think it sucks, though it may be my copy, so I ordered it from microsoft on CD for FREE today, nice of MS to give it away, we'll see in 4 - 6 weeks if using theyre legit build helps.

Edit: Oh yeah, has anyone found theming software that works with SP2 that doesnt cost a crapload of money?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
It's true that some emus that use dynarec are broken on systems with SP2 and 64 bit processors (zinc for example). From what I've heard it is possible to disable the NX feature somehow (registry?) and make the affected applications to run normally.