What's new

I'm sure that someone here can help...

chemenger400

Hey all,

I have been reading many of the posts in these forums and they have given me a lot of info so far. This is a great forum!

Recently, I got resident evil code veronica split into a folder which contains fu_rev1.001,fu_recv1.002,fu_recv1.003...all the way to fu_recv1.031(probably for disk1).
In the same folder is fu_recv2.001,fu_recv2.002,fu_recv2.003...all the way to fu_recv2.031(probably for disk 2).These fu_recv files are all about 19MB.
The folder also contains 2 sfv files.

I have tried using winrar to extract the files into something(.cdi,.nrg) that I can mount with daemon tools(newest version) so that it can be read by chankast.Using winrar, I extracted the first set of fu_recv1(1 to 31) into a 583MB file. The same with fu_recv2.

I have been trying to get this to work for quite a while now, and can't get it into an image that chankast and daemon tools can read. I am sure that someone in this forum can help. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

OP
C

chemenger400

Never mind, I just figured it out. After I extracted the fu_recv1 and fu_recv2 sets, I extracted the files that it created also. So, I just extracted 2 times. I have loaded up the file onto daemon tools and it runs in chankast. The only problem is that when I run it in chankast0.25 the video emulation is too fast(The character and the zombies are speeding!!!). Anyone else have this problem or any tips to slow it down? These problems will probably be fixed in future versions of the emulator. Thanks again!

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Just try to under or overclock the SH4 CPU by pressing the + or the - button.
Then it should work! Hope it helps.

BTW: you can fix your problem with another trick: open only the first (*.001) with a doubleclick and winrar and extract it into a folder. it should be a cdi, without extracting again!

brianh123

I don't understand how to solve the problem in my case:
I got sonic adventure 2, and it comes as a folder. Inside the folder, there's
e-sonic2.001 all the way to e-sonic2.036
Then there's a file: e-sonic2.sfv

I can't get it into an image that chankast and daemon tools can read.
Can someone PLEASE help me?

OzTm

Get WinRar, open the .001 file, extract the contents (1 file), open the newly extracted file ALSO with WinRar, and you'll get your image file, that you can mount with Alcohol or Daemon Tools. It's simple, really.