What's new

Multiple Game Configuration List - Radeon and GeForce Users

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
I figured I would explain what this is, because I have failed to do so before hand. What I have composed here is a configuration list, with multiple emulators and plugins, and settings and fixes to get certain games working with as little hassle as possible. I started a few months back, with a notepad document, to save my settings for games. Later, I decided to test it on multiple Radeon systems and see how it worked for them. So I decided to throw HTML code into it, making it easy to find games, and to look better. I decided to release it to the public. After great results, I moved on to GeForce systems, also with great results. So, if you have hassles, give my doc a shot, you just may be happy with it, or it could completely suck with your system. Who knows, this may or may not work with other specs.

From now on, my newest versions will be located here,http://bmgcl.emuxhaven.net/ but please, keep posting on this forum or emuxhaven's forum for any incorrect Known Issues or better configurations, typos, blah blah, ANYTHING that you find wrong. Keep me posted!

Last edited:

retroK

Great work. I will try this at home with my Radeon 9600 XT.

Note, that you have written wrong version numbers for the catalyst drivers (0.48 instead of 4.8).

Thanks again for the list!

quixos

:) i am going to begin setting up my games in the next couple of days, i will use your guide exclusively, and let you know how it works out for me.

your page is very elegant in it's simplicity. if you can avoid tweaking it into complexity. that would be a good thing.

OP
Bighead

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
A small update.

Seems I had incomplete ini settings for Mario Golf. Here is a small update with the proper ini update. By the way, glad to hear you wanna help me out quixos. :bouncy: Now if I can just get some more people, I just may add about 100 more games.

Edit:: The version is old and gone, look at the top for the latest.

Last edited:
OP
Bighead

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
Huge Update, Works on Geforces Too :D

Ok, i have made an update, and although it's incomplete, it has a lot more games than before. I am involved in school now, and it's hard to find the time to work on this. But for now, enjoy, and I wish I could change the topic, because It's been tested on Nvidia cards as well, and works just fine. Enjoy!!

Edit:: Nevermind, i guess the topic did change. Shows how much of a newbie I am at forums. And taking your advice, all new versions will be at the top of the post from now on.

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Bighead, cool list. But edit your first post with the newer attachments, though. It makes it easier everytime there's an update ;)
Cool, cool, cool. And useful o_O Keep it up.

Last edited:

liteuser

I'll be Back!
Nice List,
I had a look over , Its a good start , please note that in the needed graphics plugins , you have Jabo's Direct 3D6 1.40 listed , its Jabo's Direct 3D7 1.40.
And um PJ64 v1.3 should be added in the body harvest Suggested emus along with v1.5 thats one's I used. Also the Suggested emus for topgear Overdrive is 1964 and (Apollo with no sound) the info is in the , read this before posting sticky in 1964 forum. Just trying to help out. Keep up the good work.

OP
Bighead

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
liteuser said:
Nice List,
I had a look over , Its a good start , please note that in the needed graphics plugins , you have Jabo's Direct 3D6 1.40 listed , its Jabo's Direct 3D7 1.40.
And um PJ64 v1.3 should be added in the body harvest Suggested emus along with v1.5 thats one's I used. Also the Suggested emus for topgear Overdrive is 1964 and (Apollo with no sound) the info is in the , read this before posting sticky in 1964 forum. Just trying to help out. Keep up the good work.

Thanks a lot liteuser, i really love input and criticism. And actually, you are right and wrong at the same time. I have just realized I have a Jabo's Direct 3D6 1.40 and a Jabo's Direct 3D7 1.40? Also, I have just been lazy to test other emulators other than the ones i listed, plus I don't have a lot of time on my hands anymore (not like the time I had when I started this). It's amazing to me what started out as a simple, personal notepad document to get MY games working blossomed into what it did. I really am amazed that so many people have emailed me on this and gave me as much feedback as I have received so far. Eventually this will become more sophistocated than it is now, and I will make it damn near perfect. I don't know when, but give or take at least a month or 2, I will have at least 400 games working perfect. Everyone, give me as much feedback as possible! If you see something that works better than what I have down, don't hesitate to tell me! Post anything, whether it's helpful or even a complaint, I don't care, anything that will help me perfect this, and again, I thank everyone so far that has helped me with this. I am much further along than the release in this forum, so expect a new one in week or 2. Happy gaming to you all! :beer:

Last edited:

Doomulation

You are right. Jabo released both a d3d7 and d3d6 version of his plugin for version 1.4. Later, he discontinued the d3d7 version, though.

ggab

Emutalk Member
cool idea! (but u need a lot of help, so here we go)
when u say:
(Moderate) Game slows down/speeds up consistantly. Hit Control+2 to change counter factor to 2. This regulates speed.

it's because the CF in some games aren't setting 100% ok.
u should try and recommend this:
1964 Rom Ini For Glide64 (it's ok for another video plugins too :))
http://www.emuxhaven.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=4504

also, i wanna help u.
So ;), i create a topic "WE NEED CONFIRM the Known Issues with the wrapper"
but its name is:
Support Bighead's Multiple Game Configuration List
About some new posible Wrapper's Issues

here
http://www.emuxhaven.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=5440

:) stay tuned :D

OP
Bighead

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
Hello again, I just got home from school (learned the binary number system today) :bouncy: and I would like to add, that I am not going to put down every single possible way to get a game working. I will take suggestions, only if you have found a better way to get a game working, other than an alternative for another alternative. If my suggested emu or plugin doesn't work, try the alternative. If either don't work, than you are one of the rare unlucky people that has some serious issue. Remember, this is mainly Ati and Nvidia specific, mainly their Radeon (9000 and up) and Geforce cards (GF3 and up). If it's below that line, than try something else. Don't email me saying that blah blah blah works, but the alternative works better. Well, that's why it's there, for the troubleshooting system!! Just keep that in mind when contacting me :p

Edit:: Just checked out the Glide page there gab, and I appreciate the help. Sure will be a timer saver. If anyone else has any issues to point out for any plugin or emulator, be my guest. Maybe I should go to school for programming instead of electronics ... nah, I'll learn that off the internet :yawn:

Last edited:

ggab

Emutalk Member
i can help u, but remember i don't have neither a GF or a ATI video card.
with me, it's the VOODOO 4's power :D

i mean, just pointing out some issues from Glide64 & wrapper. :)

OP
Bighead

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
yah i know that gab, and thats what i like :p. you are covering an issue that would be a great edition to my llist that i really don't feel like getting too into depth with myself. I might even be able to use your help to get games working better than a lot of my current suggested ones with Glide. So keep up the good work, and im gonna make my next one pretty neat :happy:

ggab

Emutalk Member
when u say "Suggested Sound: schibo's Audio Plugin 1.2"
i think that is the default one (90 - 95% of games works well), so, u should only suggest another one, with particular games, like Super Smash Bros. (Azimer's HLE v.0.55.1 Alpha)

Mario Tennis

Suggested Emulator: 1964
Suggested Video: Jabo's Direct 3D6 1.5.1
Alternate Video: Glide64 v0.7 ME SP6

Comments=Playable! (Enable both "Force" Normal Blending & Depth Compare in Jabo1.5.1)

Game Name=YOSHI STORY
Comments=Playable! (Enable "Force Normal Blending" in Jabo1.5.1)

OP
Bighead

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
That's true, but keep in mind, I make it as specific as possible. The same as Project 64, where Jabo's Audio is the default plugin for that, whereas, instead of letting people "assume" that schibo's for 1964 will work or Jabo's will work for Project, I list the plugin that did the best for me, default or not. This will just basically get to the point of which is "the best" for the selected game. Besides, sound plugins aren't really the big issue here, its usually the graphics plugins which require the most attention. After I get all of the games done that I own, I will go back through them and test them a little bit further, making sure that they all work. Can't wait for the new Direct 64 from Orkin though, that would really make things easy considering he's aiming for "Perfect N64 Emulation". That would be really nice :bouncy: .

Last edited:

Doomulation

Haha, of course he's aiming for "perfect" emulation, but that's hard you know ;) I doubt it will surpass all plugins, though it might be put on par. It would be nice to see a release, though =)