What's new

VCD player question!! HELP! and color of cds

Josep

eyerun4phun
Ok, the napa dav311 mp3/cd/vcd player skips allot with the vcd's i play with it, i was wondering, if i switched the colors of the bottom of the cd that i used to make the vcd, would it stop skipping? and if the color is the problem, what colors would be good to try out?? Anyone get the gist of what im getting at?

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Josep said:
Ok, the napa dav311 mp3/cd/vcd player skips allot with the vcd's i play with it, i was wondering, if i switched the colors of the bottom of the cd that i used to make the vcd, would it stop skipping? and if the color is the problem, what colors would be good to try out?? Anyone get the gist of what im getting at?
Well to be honest,
I will not use anything other for VCD or Audio than Silver/Silver
>(silver top, light Gold Bottom) <
Or Silver/Gold >(silver top, Gold Bottom)<

Silver/Blue,Yellow,Green etc, are only ment to be used for data such as Pics/Docs & do not have a very good life span as Compact Dics go.
So i would have to say, go for the best, for the best results :)
As for skipping on your player, Well, i would put that down to the laser head , Rather then the disc's ;)
So either give it a good clean, or the standard laser head on the player, isnt very supportive of CDR's Some are made that way ???

OP
Josep

Josep

eyerun4phun
What program do you use for your dreamcast to play your vcds? the one program i used had terrible quality compared to my vcd player, except for the skipping in my vcd player;) gypplay is the name of it, and to the gentleman, how would one go about cleaning is laser head??

Gent

Administrator
Josep said:
and to the gentleman, how would one go about cleaning is laser head??
The Best way would be to Purches a CD entitled
The "Allsop CD Player Lens Cleaner "

For more information on the product look Here :)

OP
Josep

Josep

eyerun4phun
thanks, hey, but do they really work? I'm are you like a "user-approved" type of guy with this item or what?

Gent

Administrator
Josep said:
thanks, hey, but do they really work? I'm are you like a "user-approved" type of guy with this item or what?
Josep, Yes i own the CD, & yes it really works.
Your CD laser lens, can collect dust & dirt particles causing most of the track skipping, or non playing.

The Allsop CD lens cleaner, has tiny little brushes that gently clean the laser lens, & improves the CD players performance.
& no to your next question: I am not on commission :)

OP
Josep

Josep

eyerun4phun
ok, my video cd's skip, but the regular cd's do not skip, AND mp3 cd's don't skip, its just the video cds that skip, could it just be a crapy player?

Gent

Administrator
Josep said:
ok, my video cd's skip, but the regular cd's do not skip, AND mp3 cd's don't skip, its just the video cds that skip, could it just be a crapy player?
Well, if i was to ask you are they original VCD's you have Bought,
Or Blue,Yellow, or Green Bottom specials ;)

& you were to answer yes to the Spesh ;)

Then i would have to say we would be back to square one again

with my original answer then ???