What's new

settings for Shining Holy Ark

enigma^^

Hi again, I've posted before on how to get shining holy ark to work on giri giri. Now, I've managed to get it running past the 'ominous' cd track screen but the thing now is, the game will not start. I got past the SEGA screen and I was brought straight to the black Now Loading screen. and that's as far as I get. Is there something wrong with my settings? My pc is an AMD athlon 2600+ 2.08 GHz and has 224MB RAM so I don't think the processor's at fault. Could someone who managed to play the game give me the settings on the games.dat file for the game? Maybe I could try that out. Thanks a bunch.

zman

Sega Saturn Howto run CD iso on girigirir-gav-lite emulator…

1. Rename a bios file to bios.bin and put in the directory. I used the Europe/USA bios and not the Japanese one. As I found Japanese bios seems to have regional issues.
2. Take the iso + mp3 file and convert the mp3 to wave.
3. Rename the files to a simple one-word name.
4. Use segacuemaker to make a *.cue file with the iso + wave files. Do this by command prompt. “segacuemaker filename.iso”
5. Use Alcohol 120% and load the *.cue file onto the virtual drive.
6. Use cdrwin and convert the file to a *.bin + *.cue file off of the virtual drive cd image. Do this by clicking on the extract disk/tracks/sectors part. Change the cd drive to the virtual one so the disk is loaded. Select an image file name with directory. Leave all other settings on the default selections and hit start. The color combo box will verify how many tracks there are and what kind. Be sure to write over the *.cue file created by segacuemaker with the one made by cdrwin.
7. Copy the *.bin + *.cue file to the girigiri emulator directory.
8. Use gentoc to create the toc.bin file. Do this by command prompt. “gentoc –b filename.cue”
9. Use loader.exe to find what the cd region is. Do this by clicking on the cue + bin/iso info button on emu tools section. This will tell you the region. Use the readme file to correspond region numbers ex. 1 – Japanese 4 – USA 12 – Europe. Open the file [ base.ini ] and change the region number to the correct one.
10. Use glauncher if it is the first time to set the controls. Otherwise use the command prompt and type “gsaturn –i” to launch the emulator.
11. It is import that the region number is correct in base.ini and the toc.bin file was created correctly.
12. If the iso had no mp3 or wave file for sound when the .bin/.cue was made the file will most likely not work on the emulator.
13. Alcohol 120% is only needed for the cdrwin part.

Follow the above directions and all is good...

; Shining the Holy Ark(J)
[T-33101G] <--- serial Number
PriorityMode =0
EdsrShift =1
VSync =30
MaxTexCnt =1000
BankChck =1
CDWait =0
FrameWait =166

This is the Japanese setting in games.dat if there is a different serial number for your version, just copy the above and change the serial number to you version. To find the serial number, use the loader and under emu tools click on the button for show info.

OP
E

enigma^^

thanks for this useful info, but after I tried adding another shining force holy ark info into the games.dat (mine's the US version with a different serial number), I was only brought to the Sega Saturn startup screen (the one with the Sega Saturn logo). What does this mean? Before I added the new info, it could actually load the game and got stuck at the Now Loading screen.

zman

; Shining the Holy Ark(U)
[MK-81383] <--- serial Number
PriorityMode =0
EdsrShift =1
VSync =30
MaxTexCnt =1000
BankChck =1
CDWait =0
FrameWait =166

Here's the Usa serial number...

Also try erasing the profiles directory to reset the memory for girigiri, or use the loader to erase the memory for girigiri

zman

Another method you can try is to delete the toc.bin and base.ini and redo those with gentoc.

I've found that the emulator prefers the *.bin/*.cue method over the CD method, so you can try that also.

Also you may prefer to run the emulator without the games.dat file and let the emulator do all the work.

OP
E

enigma^^

thanks!!^_^

It works now. Thanks for the serial number, apparently, the gloader gave me the wrong serial number. and also, this time i just used the gloader to run the game instead of using gsaturn. The only thing is that the sounds keep coming on and off but I guess I'll have to put up with that. I don think anyone here managed to fix that. Thanks anyway :)