What's new

F_r_a_m_e_s_k_i_p ?

phantomflanf

Not someone else.
This is what we all need. If Chankast drew every other frame we could ALL play 90% of supported games at a reasonable speed.

-nosound would help a lot too.

Anyone got any ideas? I don't think the Chankast authors care about people with less than 2.8 GHz.

Clements

I think Chankast already has a kind of frameskip since the frames become out of 30 instead of 60 when there is slowdown. There is only so much you can do with it, much like frameskip for N64 not working miracles.

BountyJedi

hmm wonder if theres a way to make it permantely do out of 30 =p cause soul-calibur runs at about 35-40 fps for me ingame (and the sh4 or wahtever the name is =p trimmed to round 130)
also noticed the most of my kind of slowness isnt graphics related as i tried with differnt resolutions and turning off the antialising (can have 6x antialising without much of a slowdown thats good though :) )
the wierd thing is that im using a fairly fast cpu p4 3.0ghz maybe its time for reformat -_-' and getting ridda those stupid programs in background steling half of my memory =P

Last edited:

OzTm

You know, some games work better if you underclock the sh4 (to a value like 70 for instance).

phantomflanf said:
I don't think the Chankast authors care about people with less than 2.8 GHz.
Just be patient! If you don't think that the authors care about us, then do something, like a better emulator, with better speeds! All you can do is criticise. I think the authors have done enough for us, and we only have to wait for the next release.

Be happy with what you have, cause - TRUST ME - it's a lot!

mezkal

Man on a mission
phantomflanf said:
This is what we all need. If Chankast drew every other frame we could ALL play 90% of supported games at a reasonable speed.

-nosound would help a lot too.

Anyone got any ideas? I don't think the Chankast authors care about people with less than 2.8 GHz.

Personally I think that these options would do wonders:-

-noflanf

-nonoobs

-deathtoallannoyingnoobs

-readthefaqtherearenofeaturerequests

-amigettingyouhere?

-isthereanythingimissed?

-nofeaturerequests!

-rtfm

:p

BountyJedi

mezkal said:

-noflanf

-nonoobs

-deathtoallannoyingnoobs

-amigettingyouhere?

-isthereanythingimissed?

-nofeaturerequests!

-rtfm

Very good features indeed!!

lil' Hobo

How about frame limit? I mean serious frame limit!

Chankast always hovers just above the limit making my vid and aud out of sync.

BountyJedi

for now you can add up the sh4 until it gets slower until you get the speed you want (i tried with thps2 and it ran at almost 100 fps at times so i hade to make the sh4 all the way to around 200 to make it run on 60.

well both frameskip and framelimit would be useful maybe frameskip wont be needed anymore as stuff will get speedier

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
mezkal said:

-noflanf

-nonoobs

-deathtoallannoyingnoobs

-amigettingyouhere?

-isthereanythingimissed?

-nofeaturerequests!

-rtfm

Think that that thing never will happen... :(

OP
phantomflanf

phantomflanf

Not someone else.
Without (more?) frameskip most of us won't be playing Chanka at any decent speed. And -nosound would help too. BUT I don't think either of these features will be included in the next release. We'll all find out if I was right soon, won't we?

It was not a feature request, I was wondering if there's any way of implementing these functions with a current release, which seems a better idea than waiting and hoping. It seems possible to me, Chankast Utilities has done a lot with the current release after all.

Stop posting that I'm someone I'm not. Look at my IP. Insult someone else you p0x'd |\|oner5

Godfather

i don't see anyone complaining, we all love chankast, and we are all kind of like litle kids waiting for birthday present, its the same for us we can't wait until next version, am still playing Shanmoue 2 on chanka with some graphics issue and a bit slow performance from time to time it does bother me but i am still happy with what i got.
so thank you for chanka and ofcourse we all hope the new version is released soon couse we can't wait. :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bye3: :bye3: :icecream:

Meat_PoPs

For people having high fps issues.. turn vsync on in your videocard drivers, and make sure your monitor is running 60hz. Easy solution no?

OzTm

Rather than killing your eyes with a 60Hz refresh rate, you'd better use the "+" and "-" keys to get it where you want to.

lil' Hobo

mezkal said:

-noflanf

-nonoobs

-deathtoallannoyingnoobs

-amigettingyouhere?

-isthereanythingimissed?

-nofeaturerequests!

-rtfm