What's new

Rascal emu vs no$GBA

Morbo

What emu is better in link support and why?

factors:
speed
future development (that I don't chose one and then have to change because the developement has stopped)
compatability
GUI

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Morbo said:
What emu is better in link support and why?

factors:
speed
future development (that I don't chose one and then have to change because the developement has stopped)
compatability
GUI
Okay, the better one (for me, that doesn't mean that's the oppinion of all!) is No$GBA, because of just typing in link and then there are to screens where you can play... just three up to 4 things to change in the config, save and then you can play... rascal is buggy, because you have zto open another emu, cahnge all the things etc...
But there are a lot of buggy things in No$GBA: it has a bad timing, no filtering, no controller support... but why not trying these to great emus?

OP
M

Morbo

My current game pc is a bit "broken". I'm sitting now on my 500Mhz and want to be ready when good pc comes back.

Personaly I think no$gba is better since it has link build in and rascal uses a plugin. on the other hand rascal has been arround for a few years. So that mean that theire is less chance the project is stopped while no$gba is new and unknown.

as I see it, it's like this:

rascal: good emu with poor link.
no$gba: poor gba with good link.

When I started with gba emulation I used boycot advanceand later switched to VBA since it's progress was better. So in your opinion wich emu (rascal or no$gba) will progress the most?

MasterPhW

Morbo said:
My current game pc is a bit "broken". I'm sitting now on my 500Mhz and want to be ready when good pc comes back.

Personaly I think no$gba is better since it has link build in and rascal uses a plugin. on the other hand rascal has been arround for a few years. So that mean that theire is less chance the project is stopped while no$gba is new and unknown.

as I see it, it's like this:

rascal: good emu with poor link.
no$gba: poor gba with good link.

When I started with gba emulation I used boycot advanceand later switched to VBA since it's progress was better. So in your opinion wich emu (rascal or no$gba) will progress the most?
I think rascal will progress better... but I don't think, that the link support willl be better next time, because that's not a big thing for the author...
But that's the same thing Ievery time say: wait for a future version!

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
last time i tried rascal it plain sucked, no$gba is definatly better... having said that... Visualboy advance is still superior, maybe not for links but linking is rather pointless when you're stuck with both screens on the same machine, not as much fun as having two gameboys seperate and being able to hear the sound from both :D

OP
M

Morbo

Sayargh said:
last time i tried rascal it plain sucked, no$gba is definatly better... having said that... Visualboy advance is still superior, maybe not for links but linking is rather pointless when you're stuck with both screens on the same machine, not as much fun as having two gameboys seperate and being able to hear the sound from both :D

I guess we are all waiting for VBA link support on one pc and internet. But don't think it will happen.

MasterPhW

Morbo said:
I guess we are all waiting for VBA link support on one pc and internet. But don't think it will happen.
Nobody had said this! The author of the VBA CE Edition want to add link support... so just wait and be patient! Then the best GBA emu will have link support... Can't wait for this!

OP
M

Morbo

Nice to hear the author of VBACE is thinking about it.

Like I said i used boycot advance a lot and then VBA cmae along and all my saves for boycot were useless