What's new

slowdown and another issue

DangerousCMO

I was playng WWF No Mercy for about 1 hour when I started to have slowdown (around 3-5fps) . I then played Goldeneye, but the slowdown occured even faster. What can I do to prevent this?

My specs:
2.4 Ghz P4
504 RAM
Intel Graphics Gard
Currently using Glide 64 with wrapper.

As for my other problem:
1964 opens up minimized, and I cant restore it to normal window size unless I maximize it. Anyway I can fix this?

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
DangerousCMO said:
I was playng WWF No Mercy for about 1 hour when I started to have slowdown (around 3-5fps) . I then played Goldeneye, but the slowdown occured even faster. What can I do to prevent this?

My specs:
2.4 Ghz P4
504 RAM
Intel Graphics Gard
Currently using Glide 64 with wrapper.

As for my other problem:
1964 opens up minimized, and I cant restore it to normal window size unless I maximize it. Anyway I can fix this?
Just restarts 1964... it's a prob with the wrapper I think, becausse it sometimes still have the rom in the memory, that's was a bug in the early dev of these wrapper, but now I think it isn't really gone yet, because I have these prob sometimes, too!

gamefreaks

hmm...you say you have 504Mb or RAM and integrated graphics. I guess this means you have 512Mb RAM but 8Mb is reserved for graphics.

I would guess that the fact you only have 8Mb RAM allocated for graphics is the problem.

Go into the BIOS and change this to 32 or 64. This will make most of your games play much better.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
gamefreaks said:
hmm...you say you have 504Mb or RAM and integrated graphics. I guess this means you have 512Mb RAM but 8Mb is reserved for graphics.

I would guess that the fact you only have 8Mb RAM allocated for graphics is the problem.

Go into the BIOS and change this to 32 or 64. This will make most of your games play much better.

Goldeneye 007 is majorly processor dependent, thus even changing the video RAM allocation to 64 MB from 8 MB probably won't make Goldeneye 007 majorly faster.

gamefreaks

RJARRRPCGP said:
Goldeneye 007 is majorly processor dependent, thus even changing the video RAM allocation to 64 MB from 8 MB probably won't make Goldeneye 007 majorly faster.

Should make a difference though. A 2.4Ghz P4 should be more than enough to run any N64 game. 8Mb VRAM may not be, depending on the format the textures are stored and how they are cached. Swapping textures from DRAM to VRAM is expensive, this is why when playing Doom3 on ultra settings, you get slowdown as you go through doors.

Anyway, it's what I would suggest from the system specs. :party:

gamefreaks

You'll need to refer to your motherboard manual for the exact setting, it will vary from one motherboard chipset to another.

Anyway, getting into the BIOS is usually pressing the 'Del' key when you switch the computer on.

Do Not make any changes unless you know what the change will do!

The setting you will be looking for will be called 'Frame Buffer' or something like that. Change it from 8Mb to 32Mb. Exit saving changes and reboot.