What's new

Jnes on Xbox

Nick_kidid0

Member since 2001
I wouldn't say it isn't. It would be possible by the following method, but i wouldn't even bother doing any of this just to play nes on xbox. Put linux on xbox, put vmware/virtual pc run windows through that, and then run jnes. If you're up to doing ALL of that then be my guest.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Yeah, and if he manage to run linux (and a windows emulator) without crashes Jnes will run on the incredible speed of 30 fps or something...
It would be better to use a NES emulator for XBOX instead of trying to do all this stuff...

Last edited:

knowitman

If you had the source you could modify it and recompile for XBox. That would be hard for us considering Jabo is the only person with the source.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
knowitman said:
If you had the source you could modify it and recompile for XBox. That would be hard for us considering Jabo is the only person with the source.
Yeah and Jabo is one of the person who never give his source to anybody else... that means: no JNES on the XBOX!

xamenus

MasterPhW_DX said:
Yeah and Jabo is one of the person who never give his source to anybody else... that means: no JNES on the XBOX!
Yeah, but there are plenty of other open-source NES emulators that could probably be ported. Also, FCE Ultra has been ported to the XBOX, and so has nester.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
IceFox said:
Yeah, but there are plenty of other open-source NES emulators that could probably be ported. Also, FCE Ultra has been ported to the XBOX, and so has nester.
Yeah but I never said no NES on the XBOX, because I know about the other ones, but they are all developed with the unofficial XBox SDK, so we should stop talking about it I think, shouldn't we?

apexad

MasterPhW_DX said:
Yeah but I never said no NES on the XBOX, because I know about the other ones, but they are all developed with the unofficial XBox SDK, so we should stop talking about it I think, shouldn't we?

I think you mean the official xbox sdk, and this is the problem. anyway, as long as body asks where to get them, and nobody post download links to them, you can talk about them, post screenshots, etc...