What's new

Serious problem with Soul Calibur (EU)

Emu&Co

Fuggin Retro Fan
I've bought the Dreamcast Game Soul Calibur by Namco (830-0047-50 T-141D-50 Made in E.U.) and it behaves strage. When I open it under Windows there are only 3 .txts and a Audio stream and it has only 12,5 MB Data. Chankast detects it as a Audio disk. Whats wrong? Am I stupid or is it something else? Has this Game 2 Disks? (There would fit 2 in the box, but only one was inside.) PLZ HELP ME.....

OP
Emu&Co

Emu&Co

Fuggin Retro Fan
think of me as having a charitable day.....................

Last edited by a moderator:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Even if you own the original game it's illegal to download a ripped backup from the internet. It would be better to edit your post or you'll probably be banned.

S

SegaGamer

he was asking if it was legal to rip his own copy of the game.

The answer is yes, but it is illegal to distribute it.

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
hmm... laws are not clear on this subject... in theory, when you buy a app/game you don't buy the code (it's not yours), you buy a "right of using" it's different... so you shoud be able to use it in any forms... that's what it should be "in theory"...
now distributors generally protect their product (because pyracy), and when a problem happen with the cd/dvd/gdrom/etc... people are generally obliged to buy a new one... "in therory" it's against this "right of using" (because you pay these rights twice)...
as i said... laws are not clear...

edit* but emu&co should be banned, because he has asked a iso link, and it break the forum rules... (it's seems that those rules are more explicit than laws ;))

Last edited:

Samus

Lol, i think banning him would be a little harsh, he only asked _if_ its legal, and if so, could anyone send him a link. Obviously its dodgy ground and probably isn't legal, so we won't send any links, but he was only asking. People are banned very quickly here, surely a one warning then ban system would be better?