What's new

question about rascalboy and no$gba

zippo209

when i play pokemon on those two emulators, why can't i save through the in-game save... i mean through the menu in the game?

and why can't i use my save that i did on vba on no$gba? i tried puting the save file in the battery folder and when i start pokemon ruby it says save deleted.

OP
Z

zippo209

when i try to save on rascal and erorr comes up and close imidietly so i can't read it
but sometimes it just gets stuck on the "saving... don't turn off the power" massage.

EmuLu

In my opinion the problem of the saving in rascalboy is a bug. But do not worry, just press the "A" button while the emu is trying to save and its done! Also, if you want to use the battery saves is easy, when you save in VBA the extention is ".sav", in Rascalboy the eextention of the battery save is ".srm", just change the extention and now you can use the normal saves in both games (not the savestates).
I hope this is clear enough? I could trade pokemon at a rate of 50FPS with only 128RAM.

OP
Z

zippo209

i tried to save like you said with the A pressing, it faild in said "BIOS:function 212 is not in table"
what is that mean?

OP
Z

zippo209

and i also tried to switch the and from .sav to .srm and that didn't work either
please help...

EmuLu

Ok, thats sound like a BIOS problem. Do you have the "bios" option selected in both emus (if not, the savegame wont load)? Do you have the "good" bios dump? (you know it because graphic are messe up when you load the game, you can find the good one at a site wich has the name of one of the most biggest countrys in the world and they do not speek english or spanish, guess) Now, try re installing Racalvoy an Vba (thats, unzip them again and delete the old files in the directory). Then repeat the process, if this is not the problem ,well, i just do not know whta the problem might be, what hardware and software are you using? W98Se for example was buggy with these emus, I change to xp and they are even faster! Sorry but I do not know howto solve that problem.