What's new

ugh! i know you're sick of hearing this, but...

jessman1988

Banned
hey, i'm honestly sick of posting this kind of crap too, so please don't get mad at me. the thing is, with advances in technology and emulation, i was wondering just how hard it would be to emulate linking either by 2 screens or by netplay. i mean, not everyone has 2 gameboys and 2 copies of each game, and collecting rings in sonic advance 2, racing as yoshi with 4 tracks in mario kart, and playing '83s mario bros. gets old REALLY fast. i was just wondering if playing 4 swords online will ever be a reality. if not, i was wondering if nes emulation on the GBA requires 2 flash carts or not. thanks again, and sorry about this.

Trotterwatch

Well you can link in two GBA emulators now (no$gba and rascalboy). Netplay is a damn site harder than you'd anticipate, heck a high speed low latency network would be tough enough, nevermind the inherent latency of the net.

MAD_BOY

weird guy
i think netplay will become possible, but with the speed the gba linkcable uses, it will take a long time before it's done

OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
hm.......interesting. linking 2 emulators? how do you do THAT? lol. also, i'm quite curious about flash carts and wanted to know (since nes games are so small) if 2 gameboys can be linked with one cartridge. thanks again.

EDIT: HA HA HA. sorry, i thought that you literally ment running 2 emulators and "linking" them. lmao. sorry.

OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
DAMMIT! No$GBA crashes every time i try to play multiplayer and it doesn't save my config. even when it doesn't crash the 2 emulated gbas don't even notice that they're "connected". rascalboy advance doesn't even boot up with 2 screens (even though I used the plugin for it) and it has the worst config options ever. how the heck do i play something when nothing works right? any ideas?

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
jessman1988 said:
DAMMIT! No$GBA crashes every time i try to play multiplayer and it doesn't save my config. even when it doesn't crash the 2 emulated gbas don't even notice that they're "connected". rascalboy advance doesn't even boot up with 2 screens (even though I used the plugin for it) and it has the worst config options ever. how the heck do i play something when nothing works right? any ideas?

No$GBA works multiplayer for me. Me and a few friends beat Kirby and the Amazing Mirror on it. XD

So, it crashes? There's a save config option in the menu, but, does it just automatically exit?

OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
well, how do i make rascal have more than one screen? i downloaded the plugin and selected it, but i still only get 1 screen. also, i can only configure for ONE player and i have to use the stupid keyboard. please, just someone tell me how to configure this junk. thanks.

zaba_3

jessman1988 said:
you have bios?you need they to play some games(in no$gba)

OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
HA! Opening 2 apps was the last thing i would've thought of. it's consumes A LOT of resources, but I can enjoy 4 swords with a max of 3 frame-skip! You guys should try downloading a program called JoyToKey, which lets you assign ANY mouse or keyboard function to a button or direction. POV is supported too. For some reason though, the directions in Rascalboy don't work with this app, so you have to set up, down, left, and right to other keyboard buttons, lol. but it doesn't really matter if you're using a joystick. Thanks guys, and sorry to trouble you all.

NOW, does anyone here have a Flash cart? I'm sorry for adding this in my posts, but will I have to buy 2 flash carts for linking in Nes emulation, or do I only need one? thanks.