What's new

Can't play Ikaruga.cdi , Please help...

nankon

I've download all Chankast v0.25, v0.2, dc_bios.bin, Ikaruga rom( a "RAR" file 17.3mb) and Demon toos v3.29. Then, I extracted all the files to a folder, but I couldn't play the game.

First, I thought Chankast v0.25 was not suitable for my PC, then I replaced the files with Chankast v0.2. Finally, something showed out in my PC screen. The select time setting appeared, then 4 DC images appeared in the screen. I choose to play game, but it said "Please insert your game disk"

Is there anything wrong with the rom (originally called "genial.rar" 17.3mb; after extract 773mb is called "ikaruga.cdi"). Is it fake? Please help.... :plain:

My PC spec:
P4 2.6; 256m ram; Geforce 4 128m

Thanks.

holymoz

don't talk of downloads, bios ex. on this forum, it' related to piracy.

anyway I don't undrestand well what you've done but the procedure it's this

install daemon tool and create a virtual drive

load in the virtual drive the ikaruga.cdi file (the file is good, no fake)

start chankast and select the plugin (try the aspi cdrom and elsemi input)

configure the drive selecting the letter of virtual drive

configure the video settings and press run - start

OP
N

nankon

holymoz said:
don't talk of downloads, bios ex. on this forum, it' related to piracy.

anyway I don't undrestand well what you've done but the procedure it's this

install daemon tool and create a virtual drive

load in the virtual drive the ikaruga.cdi file (the file is good, no fake)

start chankast and select the plugin (try the aspi cdrom and elsemi input)

configure the drive selecting the letter of virtual drive

configure the video settings and press run - start

I used Chankast 0.25, but I couldn't start the program. Something like " Chankast 0.25 exe error". So, I used Chankast 0.2a, I also found the same error. So, I decided to replace Chankast 0.25 with Chankast 0.2a files, finally the DC logo showed up. I though I found a way to run the game, but It couldn't.

Sorry, I couldn't select the plugin anymore because I've replaced the files with Chankast 0.2a already. I adjusted all the plugin & VMS launch program, even try fastboot,.... but nothing I can do with v0.25. Maybe, it's only for Window 2000, I'm using Window 98 now.

The Demon tool is running well, I saw some folders like "Stage 1,2,3,4,5".

Last edited:
OP
N

nankon

It was not Chankast v0.2a, it was v0.2. I hate that, I just extracted Chankast v0.2a, it showed the same DC logo like before.

That means Chankast v0.2a is suitable for my PC. But I still haven't open the game yet. Still the same words "Please inser game disk" :yucky:

Another problem here. Since my PC didn't have a CD rom drive. I wonder it will be the reason why I couldn't open the game?

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
nankon said:
It was not Chankast v0.2a, it was v0.2. I hate that, I just extracted Chankast v0.2a, it showed the same DC logo like before.

That means Chankast v0.2a is suitable for my PC. But I still haven't open the game yet. Still the same words "Please inser game disk" :yucky:

Another problem here. Since my PC didn't have a CD rom drive. I wonder it will be the reason why I couldn't open the game?
YOU CANNOT RUN GAMES WITH IT ON WINDOWS 9x. IT WILL KEEP ASKING YOU TO INSERT A GAME. WAIT FOR ANOTHER RELEASE OR INSTALL WINDOWS 2k/XP. CAPITO?

Last edited:

mezkal

Man on a mission
ROFL. He may not know what capito means....try GET IT? or MORON! or OMFGWTFBBQ!?

Psy you have just made my evening. ROFL thanks.... :p

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
No problem mez. If you ever want someone to make your day just ask it from me :p