What's new

a n00b asking help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astra

Hi all..........I recently started in the emulation stuff...and I read all the stuff about it and downloaded the emulators but WHERE do I download the rom files for the games...I've look high and low..and no sites have the roms...is there something I'm mising in this emulation thing?

Allnatural

You obviously did not read everything. If you truly had, you would have known that asking for roms, or rom sites is prohibited.:angry:

Rjx

That was very bad.....

What you just did is a sin on this board.....go sit in the corner and don't think about an orange penguin...and then go to goatse.cx to get your ROM files

Remote

Yes, you did not look to your right nor to your left. There are multiple directions for you to look in, take a quick look at your numpad and you will realize that you have only covered a very small percentage of the actual searching area, if I did not have a headache at the time of writing I would supply you with the correct percentage of the area you have covered.

Except from the fact that it´s unpolite to ask for rom images, console games backed up from their original media, disks, cartridges, cd´s and custom media formats, it is also disrespectful to the people that supply this service to you for free.

Most, if not all, seroious online communities condamm piracy, and since I´m writing this reply there should be no doubts about the current, and constant, standing of this community. Since rom images are illegal, eventhough various rumors are floating around the net with the 24 hour rule being the most believed one, they will continue to be copyrighted, i.e the rights to distrubute and sell them does not belong to you.

If you have not payed for a product which is being distrubuted commercialy, which in many cases did not break even for developers, why would they let you have it for free. Even if the rom images you are looking for are no longer produced or sold you are still not legally entitled to use them.

Piracy is a multi billion dollar industry which has it´s likes in the cocaine, nicotine and alcohol industries. Unfortanely piracy has struck all medias, movies, music, games and soforth, causing the honest people responsible for these products to raise prices for honest consumers.

It all comes down to character, I you do not feel that you are doing anything wrong by stealing honest peoples property, then continue your search, if you do then buy the actual games you were looking for. If you can not afford them, look for used games which are always cheaper and since the Nintendo 64, which I assume is the format for which you are looking for rom images for, uses a very reliable cartridge format you can keep them for a very long time, the very limited supply of NES cartridges I own all work without any technical diffuculties, and if they give me trouble I apply a spartan techique known as blowing to common man.

This post will not aid you in your search for rom images but hopefully it will give you and others something to reflect over.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.