What's new

RascalBoy plugin for multi player gives errors when using W98SE on my PC!

EmuLu

Hi everybody, this is funny, I have a decent PC:
Pentium 4 celeron
128RAM
win98Se
Ati9600 pro 256 RAM

and the plug in for multi player gives me an error. The funny thing is that in another old PC we have at home wich is only a PII with a video Sis onboard card work perfectly! Whats the difference? I mean, what libraries are needed to run this Plug in properly? The Emu works really fast!

Thanks so much in advance :)

OP
E

EmuLu

I cannot say much, its a "runtime error", then some codes I do not understand, then it say in spanish (sorry, my english is not technical :() "volcado de pila" and then the emu crashes :( The emu itself works great, the problem is with the plugin :( Thanks if you can help, I tell you, it must be a missing dll file or something, its always that problem but I do not have a clue what to search for :(

Thanks for trying !

OP
E

EmuLu

Thanks I´ll try these files.
Still, the error I got is this:

"RASCALBOY provocó un error de página no válida en el
módulo RBAMULTI.DLL de 01af:6c2c55cc.
Registros:
EAX=ffffffff CS=01af EIP=6c2c55cc EFLGS=00010297
EBX=013004b0 SS=01b7 ESP=006bfb08 EBP=006bfb60
ECX=800050a0 DS=01b7 ESI=006bfb78 FS=13af
EDX=00000000 ES=01b7 EDI=006bfbfc GS=0000
Bytes en CS:EIP:
,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x
Volcado de pila:
,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x"

Its in spanish and Iam not good enough on tech stuff so, I hope is usefull because it works just fine on another PC I have :) Thanks !

OP
E

EmuLu

What is "pagfault"? My english and tech knoledge is limited in programming :)!
Thanks for the help :)

smcd

From babelfish translation:

RASCALBOY caused an error of nonvalid page in module RBAMULTI.DLL

It might be a problem with running it in Windows 98, or just a problem with the multiplayer plugin in general. Are you sure you're using the plugin correctly? (I've not used it myself, no need for multiplayer just yet)

OP
E

EmuLu

Yea, I am 100% that I am using the plug in properly. Anyway, I updated to WinXP and now works perfect. I think I will re-install Win98se again and see if there was a file corruption or something, I got some "kernel" error a few days ago, perhaps a file was corrupted? I´lll try right now and then I tell you what happns.

OP
E

EmuLu

I updated the Internet explorer to version6 and now works perfect! Just, I cannot link the pokemon games, but the emu works good :)
I hope they improve the linking to use it with pokemon games :) Go on!

OP
E

EmuLu

please, Can you tell me what you did? or could be a problem of my low memory? I only have 128RAM DDR.
I am not very good with emulation, I am just newbie on this stuff :) (just in emus :) )

MAD_BOY

weird guy
well, i just went to the pokemon center and did everything like i normally would do =/
btw, i am using the gba bios, maybe that helps