What's new

Feature Request (Don't know if it's Possible?)

Nick_kidid0

Member since 2001
As i said in this thread's title, i don't know if this is possible but it would be worth asking about it. I read a while back in a Nintendo Cheats Magazine that there was a cheat which was possible by having Super Mario Brothers Cart in and whilst power was on, swap it with tennis or something then put mario back in to have level select or something along those lines. I had achieved this on my NES a few years back and was wondering if Cart-Swap was possible to emulate? It's not done by any other emulator as of yet.

Just a thought to better the already great emulator that is JNES ;)

Quvack

You'd be better off just using cheats to access level select and stuff like that, emulating something like that (a glitch type thing which is randomish with results) is likely to be a pain in the ass to emulate, and its probably bordering on impossible to get the results u want with an emulator.

Hawk

Bird Of Prey
Yup Agreed with Quvack here.

This is something that is very harmful to the Real Nes Console and the Carts which result in damage to the both.

level selects or start on level are very easy to make via a Game Genie or Pro Action Replay so this kind of Load Rom / swap next Rom on the fly isnt a step forward but more of a instabillity and would be damging to any Nes Emulator as a whole

Last edited:

Fender432

I wouldnt mind Jnes having both a Game Genie and a proaction replay cheat devices like the Snes emulators have (Znes and Snes9x) but that would be hard to do since noone knows how the nes pro action replay works.

smegforbrain

Fender432 said:
I wouldnt mind Jnes having both a Game Genie and a proaction replay cheat devices like the Snes emulators have (Znes and Snes9x) but that would be hard to do since noone knows how the nes pro action replay works.

Forgive my ignorance, but what makes pro action replay so difficult to emulate? Granted, I don't know how it works compared to GameGenie/GameShark.

Anyways, VirtuaNES has a hex editor built in that you can use for custom cheats, which wouldn't be a horrible feature addition for JNes either.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
smegforbrain said:
Forgive my ignorance, but what makes pro action replay so difficult to emulate? Granted, I don't know how it works compared to GameGenie/GameShark.

Anyways, VirtuaNES has a hex editor built in that you can use for custom cheats, which wouldn't be a horrible feature addition for JNes either.

Well, not to let the cat out of the bag (very) early, but, you might end up seeing that to quite some extent

Fender432

So what your saying Jabo that you might make Jnes emulate Pro action replay as well as game genie?

smegforbrain,
You ignorance is forgiven the reason why I said that a nes par would be hard to emulate since very few nes emulators support pro action replay.