What's new

very very strange problem with notebook toshiba satellite

holymoz

hi, my friend has a toshiba notebook satellite 1950-801, he has all the requirements for running chankast but the emulator works fine only on some games, other games simply make close the chankast without a message error or something, simply it close down.

same games work perfect on my pc.

the games that crash the emulator starts with bios, producer logo or memory card cheking and then the crash happen, example doa2 crash during the voice of kasumi with the memory cheking, soul calibur crash right after the namco logo with the voice, border down after memory card selection, other games like psyvariar2 or zero gunner 2 crash after bios.

other games work perfect like resident evil cv, ikaruga or house of the dead.

does anyone has the same problem? I don't think its a chankast incompatibility because some games work perfect, there is only this damn closing of emulator.

the video driver are updated to january 2003, doesn't exist other drivers for the geforce4 460 go, both nvidia pack and omegadrivers doesn't support this card and the only available drivers are on toshiba sites and are the jan 2003 version.

thanks for suggestions!!

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
holymoz said:
the video driver are updated to january 2003, doesn't exist other drivers for the geforce4 460 go, both nvidia pack and omegadrivers doesn't support this card and the only available drivers are on toshiba sites and are the jan 2003 version.
this gfx driver is too old, your friend have to update his driver on nvidia site, with detonator 45.23 (july 2003) minimum, it should work...

OP
holymoz

holymoz

thanks, but I read the compatibility of the 45.23 and the "go" series doesn't appear, all the nvidia drivers I tried doesn't have compatibility with geforce4 460 GO, it's a forgotten video card after only 2 years? this is one reason because I hate the notebooks, very little upgrading machines, I give this drivers to my friends hoping it works, hi!

EMUUSER

EMUUSER said:
try alcohol 120%
i had used it to solve the same problem :bouncy:

i just mean this problem:

the games that crash the emulator starts with bios, producer logo or memory card cheking and then the crash happen, example doa2 crash during the voice of kasumi with the memory cheking

BarMan

Proud Chankast Donater
goto guru3d.com and look in the old detonators for a old nvidia driver that supports your card

OP
holymoz

holymoz

thanks to all I solved the problem, and in a strange mode, first I search for detonator drivers that supports go series, I found the 44.22, executing setup the installation goes to end, restart and no changes are mede to the system, the same drivers and problems still exists.
Then I uninstall the previous drivers and install manually de 44.22 making the choice of the list of supported cards pointing to the drivers folder unpacked, but the surprise is that in the supported cards is displayed only the 5200 go, not the other go cards and my friend card (gf4 460 go).
Very disappointed of that I decide to try to install the 5200 go driver card and the strange thing is that the installation goes good and all the problem disappeared, all the games starts good now, in the video setup tab of the pc now appears that the video card is the 5200 go even if in the pc is installed the 460 go, strange, isnt'it? the advanced option displays the 460 go but in the system seems installed the 5200 go, but all works good, can be a 44.22 driver error? can this thing damage the notebook? thanks!!

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
holymoz said:
the advanced option displays the 460 go but in the system seems installed the 5200 go, but all works good, can be a 44.22 driver error? can this thing damage the notebook? thanks!!
damage the notebook ? no... the only thing that could happen, it's a call to a specific 5200 instruction, and of course the 460 will be unable to treat this call, so it will generate an error... but you don't have to worry about that for old programs, it could happen only with new programs

mezkal

Man on a mission
holymoz said:
thanks to all I solved the problem, and in a strange mode, first I search for detonator drivers that supports go series, I found the 44.22, executing setup the installation goes to end, restart and no changes are mede to the system, the same drivers and problems still exists.
Then I uninstall the previous drivers and install manually de 44.22 making the choice of the list of supported cards pointing to the drivers folder unpacked, but the surprise is that in the supported cards is displayed only the 5200 go, not the other go cards and my friend card (gf4 460 go).
Very disappointed of that I decide to try to install the 5200 go driver card and the strange thing is that the installation goes good and all the problem disappeared, all the games starts good now, in the video setup tab of the pc now appears that the video card is the 5200 go even if in the pc is installed the 460 go, strange, isnt'it? the advanced option displays the 460 go but in the system seems installed the 5200 go, but all works good, can be a 44.22 driver error? can this thing damage the notebook? thanks!!

Holymoz,

The driver you need is on www.omegacorner.com - look in the NVIDUA section. That is based on a much newer set than 44.xx but supports laptop equipped with any of the "Go" chipsets.

Cheers,

mezkal

OP
holymoz

holymoz

thanks Mezkal, I'm downloading the last omegadrivers then I try it on my friend pc, I tried the previous version of omegadrivers but doesn't work, I hope this version is good, one question, I must run the setup.exe for installing or make the manual search for card supported like I made before? thanks!

OP
holymoz

holymoz

ok it's all good, the last omega driver works very good and the update it's to march 2004, the installation must be made by the searching method, with the list of all compatible card and not executing the setup.exe, thanks to all!!