What's new

Bomberman SS - help a new project out..

emiisdev

Hi again,

Bomberman SS was one of my favorite games for the Saturn. I'm trying to get a full set of sprite rips from this game (Saturn Bomberman, Japanese version) for a PC clone that is currently in development. I'm not looking for perfect backgrounds - just the sprites at this point. Giri-Giri and Cassini both suffer from a graphic distoration which is preventing me from getting a 100% rip. It's really very frustrating because I'm trying to be accurate as possible!

SSF on the other hand looks like the graphics are close to perfect (as far as the sprites). However, it freezes (or crashes) when the battle game begins. I have been only able to rip sprites that appear in the demo. (which is a start, but battle mode is the primary goal of the project so it's still not enough)

As far as Satourne, it really wanted it to work, but I've never been able to get bomberman running with it. I don't know if this is a mis-configuration on my part or not. I've tried running the game from the original CD and a ripped bin+cue with Daemon 3.46. I've tried multiple bioses but receive a 'game country code' error or illegal operation. I don't speak french so their forums have not been especially useful. :(

SO... if you've read this far, thank you! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If you've been able to get Bomberman running on SSF or Satourne can you please give me some advice. Also, if you know what I'm talking about with the graphic distortion in Giri Giri and Cassini and have figured a way around it, I'd certainly like to know how you did it!

Thank you so much and I hope you can help the project get started on the right foot!

Emi ^_^