What's new

Terrible Frame Rates

caniac

I never used to have this problem. I haven't made any changes to my computer recently.

Windows XP
ATI ALL In Wonder Radeon 8500DV video card
1 GB RAM
JNes 0.5.3
Drawing Method - Hardware Stretch

I can't even play games anymore because its so slow. Any help?

xamenus

H3ad5h0tter said:
My advice : Use another Emu , FCE Ultra or nessie is good .
*sigh* That doesn't fix his problem, maybe he wants to use Jnes.

All I can think of right now is to uninstall Jnes, then reinstall it. You'll have to go to the windows registry to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JaboSoft\Jnes to uninstall it. You also might want to check and see if it happens with earlier versions of Jnes. Also make sure you have the latest video drivers installed and the latest version of DirectX.

Last edited:

xamenus

OK, I have no idea if this is right but...

I've noticed that other people are having problems with Jnes speed-wise. I looked at 0.5.3 and I have no problems, the graphics scroll by at 0 frameskip. However, I looked into it further and I discovered that when Jnes becomes an inactive window and then becomes active again, the graphics become *slightly* choppy. Not much though, looks like it has about 1 frameskip. Resetting the game fixes it, though. Maybe Jnes has a bug that makes it lose priority in Windows, which causes the slowdowns? I'm no expert, but I thought I'd go ahead and post this. ;) Of course, this is all on my Intel system, for others it may be different.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Someone actually brought something to my attention about "Sleep while in background" option giving people problems, my advice at this point would be go into the settings dialog and uncheck that option

the next release will ship with this OFF by default, and hopefully fixed

Last edited:

xamenus

Jabo said:
Someone actually brought something to my attention about "Sleep while in background" option giving people problems, my advice at this point would be go into the settings dialog and uncheck that option
Ah, so that solves that problem. Thanks for the advice. :)

Jabo

Emulator Developer
caniac:

Make sure first of all you aren't using 2xSaI ... if that doesnt work, can you go to the jnes website and download version 0.40 beta 2 (01/21/2001) and tell me how that works ?

http://www.jabosoft.com/jnes/

Last edited:
OP
C

caniac

That version works pretty well. Not many hangups at all. I can get by using that for now, but I'd like to be able to run the new version.

Thanks

Jabo said:
caniac:

Make sure first of all you aren't using 2xSaI ... if that doesnt work, can you go to the jnes website and download version 0.40 beta 2 (01/21/2001) and tell me how that works ?

http://www.jabosoft.com/jnes/