What's new

No offense, but this emulator sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clements

Then that is a fault of your computer being too slow, not the emulator. Disrespecting an authors hard work is also not a good plan, since there is a 99.9% chance you could do no better. No offence.

Stezo2k

S-2K
H3ad5h0tter said:
So ? If you find this emulator is "TeH sUX" , why don't you try snes9x ?

Snes 9x is a SNES emulator mate, jnes is a NES emulator unless you were being sarcastic :)

As for Jnes, I found it pretty buggy myself, so I can't really judge it

-Shadow-

Banned
Stezo2k said:
Snes 9x is a SNES emulator mate, jnes is a NES emulator unless you were being sarcastic :)

As for Jnes, I found it pretty buggy myself, so I can't really judge it

Ouch >.<

Sorry , i've mixed it up a bit ;) But my prefered NES emulator is "Nessie" , or FCE Ultra is a good choice , too...

Trotterwatch

dieourumov said:
Well, it isn't my comp's fault, it was newly purchased, it's the emulator.
Ok.... so I could buy a new computer and then expect it to run 100% with everything, regardless of me filling it up with AOL shite and Barney the dinosaur screensavers... sure ;)

Try and post something constructive instead of being an ass, it'll be much more appreciated.

Clements

Turn off Super 2xSAI. I don't think it is fully optimised yet. Only really good PCs can get away with it at the moment. Also turn your bit depth to 16-Bit.

OP
D

dieourumov

Whining Sod
specs:

2.8 ghz pentium 4
512 MB DDR RAM
128MB Radeon 9800 Pro
120GB HD

anything else?

---to trotterwatch: I don't have AOL on my comp, or barney the dinosaur screen savers, i keep it relatively spyware and virus free with daily scans :)

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
Then you are doing something wrong and are a complete fuckwad, either way the emulator is valued more than your life :p

revl8er

That Damn Good
You must have fucked up your pc somehow because I had no problem running the emulator on a 1.2ghz athlon with a geforce2 gfx card. Also, don't diss an emulator, if you think you can do better then give it a try. To help your problem out, try updating your gfx card drivers or try a different emulator out.

Fender432

Ya you probaly screwed something up with your computer Im running jnes with p4 3.0Ghz and im not having a problem. 2nd of all for your information Jnes is one of the best emulators out there.

Last edited:

khanmeister

Banned
Knuckles said:
I know the reason, he's running window 95a :p

If he's running ad and virii removers daily there's something very wrong already. Or he wouldn't have to be using them.

My advice: back up your junk (or don't) and then reformat with a clean copy of XP pro, which you can find at the usual places BT, eMule, etc. Don't pay MS anything they are a crap corporation. Then install all the updates, Firefox, and Thunderfox (that's a joke btw), adaware and clamwin. run the last two, uninstall all the MS crap that comes with XP, (MSN messenger, et al), turn off the windows messenger thing in the system settings under admin tools or whatever, update all your drivers, do a defrag, and then make a disk image of your hard drive so you don't have to do all this work next time. Then install jnes and give it a shot. It will rock with your specs. I prefer FCE ultra sometimes though, it just seems a little more "solid". I use jnes more though, honestly.

Good luck buddy, don't be lazy, do what I said.

smegforbrain

dieourumov said:
Well, it isn't my comp's fault, it was newly purchased, it's the emulator.

I guess you just need to face up to the fact that perhaps you're the one that sucks, because you can't set the damn thing up properly.

I've never had a problem with it.

xamenus

Actually, there is a number of recent threads that mention that Jnes is slow for them. I do not have the problem, but these people's computers must have something in common that affects Jnes. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.