What's new

Music Recording??

Firebert

K, i've had Jnes for a while, and i just got aroudn to downloading some games, started w/ the classics, Megaman, Mario, etc. Anyway, i saw the little "Log Sound..." F4. Does that do anything, i'm thinking it should save the music or somethign, but if it works i cant find where it goes and if it doesn't work, then, well, it doesn't work.. Anyway, i got Windows XP, everyother part of Jnes works fine, anyway, can somebody help me?

Jabo

Emulator Developer
I've been told that it works in 0.5.0 beta 2 available on the download thread, unfortunately this was broken after that point and no one including myself noticed, as with everything else it'll be fixed in the next release

Mess

May I enquire when this latest update is coming?
Because the (easy) recording option of the Jnes is heavenly, but the 0.5.0 beta has no NSFpausing.
And I want to record the NSF's.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
It could be quite a while, I thought 0.5.3 was pretty stable so for the next version I set the things I wanted to do pretty high.. usually when that happens it's somewhere in between 6 months and a year between releases

the only known problem is this one, might I inquire what you mean about "NSFpausing"? if you want to pause the player you can always just do CPU->Pause ? I am probably misunderstanding?

Mess

Well, it doesn't (cpu)pause an NSF file (like, right in the middle of a song), not in the 0.5.0 version, at least. And about the same time it pauses an NSF, it doesn't record anymore.

EDIT: I learned that 0.5.0. DOES have all the features I want, nevermind.

Last edited: