What's new

cassini girigiri and sega rally

tommy10

i have tried 2 games on it so far, both original euro cd's. Virtua fighter works a treat (mostly) but sega rally dosnt. What happens is the bios loads up like normal, then the next sega title screen from the game comes up, then girigiri exits and some a dialogue box with some wierd bunch of characters comes up, which obviously i cant read. Is anyone else having this problem with sega rally or any other game, and what is the solution ?? thanks

Last edited:

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
these forums do not support cassini for now due to legal issues, so i doubt anybody will want to talk about using the emulator ;).

OP
T

tommy10

oh i see, ok. well, im gonna go buy a saturn in a few days anyway, iv been playing vf for a few hours, but unfortunatly, the experience is just not authentic enough. I want the scanlines, the controller, and ofcourse, the exact same polygon glitches from the old time :p

George

Have you tried VF Classic mode in VF 4 Evolution? It uses old school graphics (I'm not hardc0re enough to know if they're the exact same models from the original game) and is pretty neat.

OP
T

tommy10

no i havnt, but thanks for mentioning it i will definetly check it out. The thing i really like about the saturn version though is the glitchy polygons, reminds me of the old days :p

anyway i got my saturn yesterday, freakin awesome. And any wonder sega rally didnt work on the emulator, it didnt work on the saturn either the disc was fucked. i bought another so its all good

does anyone know anything about a game called dragon force ?? this game really looks tremendous. Can someone tell me a bit about how the battles are controlled ?

Jupiter

Just a Jupi.
VF4 Evo's 10th Anniversary Mode isn't anywhere near close to the first game, though. It uses VF4 Evo movelists, just with the ability to jump tacked on. It does use the original arcade Virtua Fighter character models verbatim, though, which is a nice enough treat. Also uses the arcade game's music, which is also interesting if you've gotten used to the Saturn remixes. Just looks really strange to see VF1 character models using stances and attacks ripped right out of VF4. Oh, and the arenas use giant texture maps for the floor graphics, which I don't remember to be the case either in the arcade or on Saturn. I could be mistaken, though.