What's new

New N64 Screenshot page 150+ games

Olax

old N64 Screenshot page 274 games

web.ukonline.co.uk/john.trinet/

My new N64 web page is now up and running, for over 150 games it shows which N64 emulator to use and what the title screen, menu & in game gfx look like. Most games feature a one line review as well.

The site is only in Beta stage at the moment, in the coming weeks I intend to add review links to as many games as possible and try and get 200 working game screenshots on-line.

The web page address is web.ukonline.co.uk/john.trinet/ Ugly I know, but a free 50Mb host with FTP access is a rare thing these days, if one of the mainstream emulation sites would be interested in hosting me I'd love to hear from you.

Also anyone who could help with smartening up the logo/website or giving me any screenshots to games that I am missing would also be greatly appreciated.

Enjoy & be kind to the site, it's my first attempt! ;-)

Regards

jmaytum

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Hi usually I don't bother looking at screenshot sites but glad i did this time, learnt a thing or two meeself... one suggestion, looking at your shots you might want to read up (in the PJ manual) about the Automatic/External/Internal geometry setting (graphics plugin, emulation tab).

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yeah some interesting stuff there ill have to cross question you a bit later :p btw descriptions made me smile, almost like i wrote em myself :sneaky: ;)

OP
O

Olax

smiff,

Great to have you back on the scene, thanks for not slaggin the site, (typo city) glad you liked the comments, Cynicism is still an art form you know.

I'm off now to RTFM on PJ (Dear god please don't say the screenshots need to be redone) ;-)

John

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Ah maybe you have done ok sorry, i just saw a couple (1080, Fzero... Paperboy!) and thought "whys he using External" :p

ok couple of Qs:

Road Rash, how did you get the road showing ok?
DK, very good find! <-not a Q :p
Taz Expres... you sure thats' PJ?
Turok3.. umm try using PJ. er not a Q either sorry.

Trotterwatch

I know this question wasn't directed at me, but it's one I can answer.

In RR64 the settings in order to see the Road are for both 1964 and PJ64:

Turn off expansion pack

Jabos DX7 1.4
Direct 3D HAL
Triple Buffer
Internal transforms
Enable Fog
Enable Display List Culling
Use Texture filtering for rendering
Texture format 16 & 32

(The main thing is to turn off the Expansion Pack)

Hope that helps.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Hey good man, Jabo and I both missed that and probably wouldnt never have thought of it :)

Martin

Administrator
Smiff said:
Hi usually I don't bother looking at screenshot sites but glad i did this time, learnt a thing or two meeself... one suggestion, looking at your shots you might want to read up (in the PJ manual) about the Automatic/External/Internal geometry setting (graphics plugin, emulation tab).

I'll second that, nice job with the site. It's always fun to see new sites pop up. :)

OP
O

Olax

Smiff,

Thanks for noticing the deliberate mistake, Taz express is now listed as 1964 ;-)

30 other typos I noticed are also fixed - and to think we invented the language! ;-) )

Thanks to Kevin who sent me details for the settings for Mickeys Speedway & Hydrothunder - I uploaded these now as well.

Right time for one more spin around the pond in the speedboat!

Trotterwatch

Oh, forgot to mention I'm Kevin (Trotterwatch), glad that Hydro Thunder worked with that setting. In case anyone else is interested I found that using Azimers Audio 0.21 {driver rev 2.1} with all settings turned off made the game work. Basic Audio plugin also works to some degree.

The sound still doesn't work though, but at least this way the game will start up properly.

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yay ive finally got to play hydro thunder in PJ :colgate: Jabo was being moody that night and wouldnt tell me which plugin to use.

mesman00

What's that...?
u might wanna try to get that site hosted, like here at emu64, or emuunlim, etc. just email one of the head people and they'll tell you what the story is!

btw, i was goin through and takin a looksy at the source (best way to learn imho), u musta made that with a web designer (dreamweaver, frontpage), am i right?

Last edited:
OP
O

Olax

I did send a few emails out to see ifr anyone would host me, it would be great to have a proper 'emulation' address but we'll see, I'm pretty easy either way, I'm not making anything, just showing stuff so I'm not sure that fits their model.

Anyway more importantly the web site now has every US released game tested. So far I tested 317 games and 251 one of them are 'playable'. Thats pretty much an 80% compatability rate, just shows you how far N64 emulation has come.

The page is put together (some would say thrown) using Frontpage, it makes the job easy for the simple stuff I wanted to do. Hopefully either I will get some more time to tidy the page up or some webmaster somewhere will help me.

jmaytum

OP
O

Olax

hey don't I have a nice new smart address!

yep, the screenshot page is now hosted at emulation64 - 274 images online at the moment

olax.emulation64.com

currently uploading all the (J) games, if I see one more mahjong game....

Smiff

Emutalk Member
"Wetrix (U)- Daedalus - Proving again why it should be in eveyone's collection Daedalus is the only emu that can run this game. Great work chaps!"

Nope.

OP
O

Olax

apologies for the hundreds of pages that were opening, I am changing it now - you can see why I am after someone to help me redesign the page

- found it, the second 'A' page opened to new window, everything else followed - also found f & G were linked to same page - Doh!

Whats the problem with wetrix? It does run in daedalus I just checked, it seems to hang for me on 1964/PJ64 (though I do see it is listed as playable)

olax

Last edited: