What's new

Do what's best for NiGHTS.

Pumster

Hey everyone.
I've seen many different types of Saturn emulators, but I was wondering, which is best for NiGHTS Into Dreams emulation?

Chandro

I know it works with Cassini.

There are a few issues, like having to repeatedly press start during the intro to get past the black screen. Plus it's unplayably slow at times on my fairly rubbish system. I haven't tried it on any of the others but I doubt it would run better since Cassini seems to be the most advanced Saturn emulator out there (for all the current legal issues).

The fmv/movie scenes are the slowest, running like a lo-mo slideshow. I had to leave it running and come back to it at the start it was so slow. I haven't really played into the game yet so I can't tell you about any other slowdowns, but I'm sure there are some.

BTW to the mods, is it ok me talking about Cassini? I know you don't want to support it so would it be best for me not to mention it or am I alright as long as I don't post dubious links and such?

Trotterwatch

It's ok talking about it - though I'd prefer it if we referered to it as 'the name hack of the GiriGiri hack'... ie I don't want them getting credit for the emulator ;)

OP
Pumster

Pumster

Well, I tried a variety of emulators with NiGHTS - SSE, SSF, Saturnin, Satourne, and, when I got desperate, I tried Cassini and GiriGiriDebuger, as well. Therefore, I saw just about every problem you could face with emulation - Language issues, BIOS errors, Illegal Operations, Plug-in failures, and, of course, freezing. While Cassini seemed to get me the farthest, I still could get it to actually run my version of NiGHTS. (Which I ripped to a BIN/CUE format.) I was wondering, could anyone give me some help? For example, what emulator is really the best? (For, say, Windows XP. I have 640 MB of RAM and a GeForce 3.) How do I correctly set up this emulator? (I have the BIOS, that's not an issue.) What format for this emulator is best? (For example, ISO/WAV, ISO/MP3, BIN/CUE, etc.)

Any help is definitely appreciated. (After all, now I have a an actual copy of NiGHTS and no way to play it.) :p

FaTb0y

i use nights with cassini and giri giri hack and it seems that giri giri works better. i use bin/cue format but sometimes my music will get a little fast :\

Skeefoso

Banned
Trotterwatch said:
Bumping a thread like that? Eijit Btw do it again and you'll see just what a 'stiff' I can be towards imbeciles.

First off I'm no imbecile. Secondly I couldn't care less if you ban me or not.
You can get your rocks off banning people with your so called "moderator status". In fact, that's probably how you get your rocks off, because I imagine in real life you are probably pretty nerdy.
Shove that in your pipe and smoke it Stooge.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Skeefoso said:
You can get your rocks off banning people with your so called "moderator status". In fact, that's probably how you get your rocks off, because I imagine in real life you are probably pretty nerdy.
"He" has moderating status for a reason. "He" has his reasons for talking to you like that and "he" has every right to ban you after the way you talked to him (you should have talked to him a little better) but he may not do it if you apologize.

smcd

Skeefoso said:

Cheers... "ban, ban, ban!" ;)