about 7zip supporting in pj64

mfarouk

Hi everyone

I ask about adding support to 7zip format in project64
i think this is very useful to compress ROMs
can anyone add code for it :happy:

Thanks

Clements

The emulator is discontinued and the source for v1.5 is not released so it can't be added.

In the meantime you can use Zip and NTFS compression just fine.

Allnatural

People are asking for 7zip support in every emulator under the sun. One person even called it the "wave of the future..."

pathetic...

OP
M

mfarouk

Clements said:
The emulator is discontinued and the source for v1.5 is not released so it can't be added.

In the meantime you can use Zip and NTFS compression just fine.

I'm Sorry But what about project64k for netplay
I heard that it is modified version of it :bouncy:

Clements

That only uses the the 1.4 source (which was released). I take it you wouldn't want to revert back to the older version. Just use Zip with maximum compression (not that deflate stuff).

OP
M

mfarouk

So I Tried to compress with Zip format
but i used defate64
it didn't work
so any answer about this please

smcd

7zip is an amazing program... slow, but amazing. it kicks zip's ass any day ratio-wise. 7zip's ZIP functionality can sometimes make a ZIP that is several KB smaller than other programs, as well

Last edited:

Clements

I said that you shouldn't use Deflate64 in my above post since it doesn't work. Use Maximum compression only.

Last edited:
OP
M

mfarouk

So what about using jabo plugin 1.5 in pj64 1.4
and editing this version
and why the source didn't released and pj 1.5 is open source ?

Clements

mfarouk said:
So what about using jabo plugin 1.5 in pj64 1.4
and editing this version

Not only the plugins were changed with the version version, probably the most important changes were in the core of the emu itself.

mfarouk said:
and why the source didn't released and pj 1.5 is open source ?

It just wasn't.

7-Zip would hardly save you much more space over Zip anyway unless you have over 500 roms, and would take ages to load a rom up.

Allnatural

Buy a larger hard drive. The space you gain will far exceed the meager space saved with 7zip, rar, etc...

Chris_W

sethmcdoogle said:
7zip is an amazing program... slow, but amazing. it kicks zip's ass any day ratio-wise. 7zip's ZIP functionality can sometimes make a ZIP that is several KB smaller than other programs, as well

The Only Problem with 7zip and even rar support is the main factors of loading/unzipping and Browser loading

thats a crap load of time to wait.