What's new

Mupen64 0.4 issues on linux

ryann

hello. first off i would like to give a huge thanks to hax for all the work hes done. v0.4 shows huge improvement in terms of compatibility, both emulator and gfx plugin-wise. (glide64 rules). However, i have been noticing an issue regarding lockups. Using both the dynamic recompiler and the interpretor, certain games seem to do a fair amount of hanging. There are the odd studders when playing (which i can live with) and then there are the "locked up indefinitely time to kill mupen and reopen it" ones. the latter i find kind of annoying. I decided to try interpretor to see if it was just a dynrec thing but it appears not. mario kart 64, which i played through fine with 0.3, locks up often enough that i can't finish a single race. I just compiled mupen from source today but haven't had the chance to play with it yet, hopfully it helps (thus making this thread pointless, but hey maybe someone else is having the same problem). I'll be sure to get back with a reply on progress. I'm not sure if compiling the gfx plugin myself would help or not but it looks as though people are having difficulties compiling glide64 anyway so i don't think i'll tackle that tonight. anyway, besides that one issue i'm having, its great! :happy:

- ryan

OP
ryann

ryann

yeah, those options don't help at all. no compiled jump just makes things slower ;) (but things still lock up :/)

- ryan

OP
ryann

ryann

well, with or without them they still lock up mario kart and banjo kazooie, and by lock up i mean "time to restart the game". and like i said, with mario kart at least (banjokazooie wasn't playable with 0.3) it never happened back in 0.3 :/

olivieryuyu

ryann said:
well, with or without them they still lock up mario kart and banjo kazooie, and by lock up i mean "time to restart the game". and like i said, with mario kart at least (banjokazooie wasn't playable with 0.3) it never happened back in 0.3 :/

yes, as a lot of people notice that on the feedback thread, it seems there 's a bug somewhere with sound or something like that ... May be there'll be a fix release ....