What's new

Success part II!

Martin

Administrator
Some of you probably remember when I presented the stats for Emutalk a few weeks ago at the old boards, impressive ones back then too. But listen to this...

November 26: 33911 page views
November 27: 32297 page views
November 28: 28437 page views

Amazing! Our page views have increased 3x! I don't like to brag but that pretty damn good. Now, if people only started to post instead of looking we'd have 40 000 posts very soon again. :D

On a little side note: I'll step down from dedicating all my free time + some more to the Emulation64 network, because I've started to fall behind in University. I'll be online daily though, to check mail and have a little chat in #emulation64, and of course post a few lines here. I've got 2 exams after x-mas that I must pass otherwise I'll get kicked out. :cry:

Our staff and our server admin Stuart (Braveheart) will make sure that everything runs as smoothly as a gentle hand over a baby butt, and when it comes to Emutalk in particular, our excellent moderators and admins have done a great job during the last year or so. I don't remember banning a single person myself, and that pretty much says it all: This place is flooded with people with brains, and I'm very grateful for that. Thanks a bunch. :)

If you have questions, don't be afraid to ask any of the staff or moderators, or of course, Smiff (who has godlike admin status). :D

Don't forget: :emutalk1:

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Heh, same here dude... What are you studying? I study programming, but the first year is mainly maths, and that sucks big time...

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Oleg Zaks said:
Heh, same here dude... What are you studying? I study programming, but the first year is mainly maths, and that sucks big time...

I'm doing a prep year at The Royal University of Technology in Stockholm (Sweden). Next year I'll study computer engineering there as well. :)

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Oh, thats cool dude. Doesn`t computer engineering envolve a lot of physics in it? I wanted to study it (if it`s actually what i think it is), but they told me that i need to have a grade in physics in order to get in to the course, but I didn`t actually study physics in high school... I studied chemistry instead
Man, but one is sure: its boring as hell. I`m actually falling asleep at the math lessons :colgate:

blizz

Oleg Zaks said:
they told me that i need to have a grade in physics in order to get in to the course, but I didn`t actually study physics in high school... I studied chemistry instead

that's funny since Chemistry is basically physics nowadays with a little bit of molecular reactions thrown in for fun ;)

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
I find chemistry SO boring. It's like 'this chemical has a precipitate when mixed with something that has aluminium. unless it also has magnesium. but lithium counteracts the magnesium. but hydrogen counteracts the lithium.' And it just goes on and on.

Anyway, hope you pass your exams Marty:)

:emutalk1:

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Raging Fuel said:
I find chemistry SO boring. It's like 'this chemical has a precipitate when mixed with something that has aluminium. unless it also has magnesium. but lithium counteracts the magnesium. but hydrogen counteracts the lithium.' And it just goes on and on.

Yeah, it has a lot of that too, but our teacher actually taught us how to make vodka out of sugar, with chemical reactions, so its ain`t that bad :)

Last edited:

Slougi

Oleg Zaks said:

Yeah, it has a lot of that too, but our teacher actually taught us how to make vodka our of sugar, with chemical reactions, so its ain`t that bad :)
And how do u do that?
/me wants! :devil:

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Slougi said:

And how do u do that?
/me wants! :devil:
Eh, I definitily remember that it involves a lot of boiling in the process... And that`s it...
Yet I definitily remember how to turn chalk into water, but what the hell will anyone do with that?

blizz

Oleg Zaks said:

Yeah, it has a lot of that too, but our teacher actually taught us how to make vodka out of sugar, with chemical reactions, so its ain`t that bad :)

that's not vodka that's ethanol, if you want vodka you'll have to ferment the sugar as all brewers do, converting sugar into alchol produces alcohol that can be refined to a high purity, it's not really vodka (since it'd blind you and probably kill you given all of the nasty impurities it would contain ;) )

Chemistry is cool though, I know how to make TNT, although that method is explosive, in the last year you get to do cool stuff like drug chemistry, none of the physics crap like I have to do this year, doing Thermodynamics and Quantum Mechanics, and the chemistry bit this year is Organic, where the labs are easy (got an A :D) but the exam is really really really hard, although on the plus side I only have two exams this year, and they're in June :colgate:

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Yeah, now I remember the part about the fact that it can blind you :) I studied it like a half a year ago, I can barely remember anything...
There are actually a few cool stuff in chemistry, we learned how to identify drugs with machines and stuff like that...

Macca

when it come to chemistry i just rmember my (and Fuel's) teacher 'Smoothie' He would pour shit on the desk, put another chemical (X), i dunno what it was over it, and the whole desk was on fire :D ,then he would say, now thats what happens when too much of X is used.

Funny guy :p

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
Macca said:
when it come to chemistry i just rmember my (and Fuel's) teacher 'Smoothie' He would pour shit on the desk, put another chemical (X), i dunno what it was over it, and the whole desk was on fire :D ,then he would say, now thats what happens when too much of X is used.

Funny guy :p

Ahhh... good ol' Smoothie :D

[injoke]
Boy up the back with a pen on his chin (haha Nathan)

Bloody dickheads.
Umm..sir did you just call us dickheads?
No, I called you a thickhead, ya dickhead.[/injoke]

Still chemistry is boring :cry:

blizz

Stupid things I have seen/ particpated in:

Setting fire to the gas straight out of the gas tap, huge flame thrower, did that in secondary school, very cool

a teacher set fire to thermite, burns at over a 1000 degrees Celcius, destroyed the patio, not all that impressive

two postgrads and a lecturer set fire to lots and lots of thermite in a fume cupboard, very impressive, very very hot, cause £10,000 worth of damage in the lab, when asked said that it was already like that :)

two litres of Ethanol when up in smoke by accident due to some prick butting a bunsen burner in the organic chemicals fume cupboard, not fun the head of the department was present, his arse got kicked I got told off for not putting the fire out, I couldn't the ethanol had boiled over, it was also a pretty colour

my mate depressurised a system under vacuum too quickly it exploded, no one was hurt glass went everywhere, very loud