What's new

Anyway past Sonic Adventure 2 NVDIA bug?

t_strul

as i've heard, Sonic adventure 2 doesn't work at all on Nvdia graphic cards. I really really want to play this game (after i've played the first one which was amazing) but i have geforce fx 5950pro which is probably one of the best graphic cards out there but it's Nvdia.... Is there a way it'l work and not show blue screen?

10x alot

OP
t_strul

t_strul

MAD_BOY said:
no, as far as i know there's no way to get around the blue screen with an nvidia card

and let's say i get an ATI card, will the game play perfectly?

Clements

t_strul said:
and let's say i get an ATI card, will the game play perfectly?

I wouldn't recommend buying an ATi card just to play one game without a glitch on an Alpha-stage emulator. Keep your 5950 U for now.

Pumster

Hahaha, yes, it's recommended by the Chankast staff that you spend another $200 on an ATi card so you can play Sonic Adventure 2.

OP
t_strul

t_strul

Pumster said:
Hahaha, yes, it's recommended by the Chankast staff that you spend another $200 on an ATi card so you can play Sonic Adventure 2.

lol i'm not gonna buy a new card of course
and my card rox
but i MUST HAVE SONIC ADVENTURE 2

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
t_strul said:
lol i'm not gonna buy a new card of course
and my card rox
but i MUST HAVE SONIC ADVENTURE 2

Patience. The emulator is not even in it's beta stage yet. I'm sure these problems will be ironed out soon enough.

altharic

Fruit Machine Emulator Geek
Pumster said:

I've seen a Dreamcast for £25 (Approx $40) Uk and Sonic 2 for £7 (Approx $14) I know what I would buy to play Sonic. :)

Alth

OP
t_strul

t_strul

altharic said:
I've seen a Dreamcast for £25 (Approx $40) Uk and Sonic 2 for £7 (Approx $14) I know what I would buy to play Sonic. :)

Alth

yeah but 2 bad i'm not in the US
i live in israel and here it's quite more expensive than that

altharic

Fruit Machine Emulator Geek
t_strul said:
yeah but 2 bad i'm not in the US
i live in israel and here it's quite more expensive than that

Only one option then as Clements said wait :)

You have an excellent card and as he says its alpha it will get better although it already has compatibility I have only dreamed of.

Alth

OP
t_strul

t_strul

ok I will wait i don't even have the game.....
the problem is that even the first sonic adventure crashes at some points with amy and sonic and that is no good :ala:

jessman1988

Banned
Ha ha ha. I have a lowly Geforce2 MX400 and I can play the game fully except that in the actual levels I have to use wireframe. This is sad that my card can do better than yours, lmao.

Guru64

What the hell are you guys talking about? Sonic Adventure 2 works fine here on my NVidia Geforce4 MX440! The only problems I have are a few small graphics glitches and those annoying streching polygons...

Bazil

Guru64 said:
What the hell are you guys talking about? Sonic Adventure 2 works fine here on my NVidia Geforce4 MX440! The only problems I have are a few small graphics glitches and those annoying streching polygons...
I think that's what they mean. The vertex errors are plain annoying...

jessman1988

Banned
do you think that they'll be fixed sometime? I remember that games like Power Stone had simliar errors in the first Chankast release.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Bazil said:
I think that's what they mean. The vertex errors are plain annoying...

On a GeForce3 or higher most levels are simply unplayable due to the severely stretched polygons (one color covering the screen mostly).