What's new

hi all, I'm new here but not to DC emus

Jsonic

Dreamcast/Sonic Fan!
I'v been trying to use chancast, so far the only thing I get to is the bios! I'v taken 2 days to rip SA and SA2 Isos over the DC's GD-ROM drive and the coder's cable, then I mounted them in the deamon tools program! but it still won't boot in chancast! why? is all I ask! I realy need help, i see other people talking about playing games in chancast, but I can't! BTW if you look at my specs you'll see i'm on windows XP home and am fully compattable with the chancast requirements.

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
Jsonic said:
I'v been trying to use chancast, so far the only thing I get to is the bios! I'v taken 2 days to rip SA and SA2 Isos over the DC's GD-ROM drive and the coder's cable, then I mounted them in the deamon tools program! but it still won't boot in chancast! why? is all I ask! I realy need help, i see other people talking about playing games in chancast, but I can't! BTW if you look at my specs you'll see i'm on windows XP home and am fully compattable with the chancast requirements.

when you rip your own gd-roms (i know how i'ts long...) you only rip the data track, an the extra soundtracks... to be used with chankast you need to rebuild the dreamcast autoboot system... look here to see how to proceed :
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=20670

OP
Jsonic

Jsonic

Dreamcast/Sonic Fan!
sorry to dbl post!

that link has broken links in it, also I'v tried exoboot, do I have to make it into a real CDR for it to be bootable?

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
Jsonic said:
sorry to dbl post!

that link has broken links in it, also I'v tried exoboot, do I have to make it into a real CDR for it to be bootable?

to make it bootable i think it's the only way, cos the cd image work with only few games... but you can try...

this link is good, and work better than the previous ones...
http://noleechdownloads.1emulation.com/utilities/DC-SelfBootDC_franxis.rar
but you need to read all the previous thread to know what you have to do...