What's new

How To Edit The Games.dat file on Giri giri (and cassini)!!!?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
I'm currently on vacation so I don't post if there is not a really good reason. The problem is that the "reason" is something that I really don't like.
Since many users had problems while trying to run Giri giri, I managed (thanks to a program named systran) to translate some information regarding games.dat (the game configuration file of Giri giri which is now known as cassini) and add my own comments and information about the configuration options. After the cassini release a similar guide was added to the cassini website... The problem is that this guide was exactly the same as my guide!!! I really do not care that they did that without my permition but it pisses me off that they claim that someone else translated and expanded this information...
Since a "member" of this "project" (barnito) visits these forums quite often I am looking forward for a reply from him.

Before ending my post here are the links to my games.dat info and their games.dat info:

My info: http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=20550 (5/25/2004 and 5/28/2004)

The info from the cassini website: http://www.barnitos.net/cassini/games.htm (7/12/2004)

I would also like to read the comments from other emutalk members so feel free to reply if you have something to say.

Thank you very much, PsyMan

Last edited:
OP
PsyMan

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Trotterwatch said:
They could have certainly credited you - doesn't look good put it that way.
I don't want any credit but they should at least not say that it was their doing :angry:
I agree that I shouldn't put it that way but I also sent them an e-mail :(

PS: If there is a problem with one of my links feel free to remove it.

zman

It made me feel uneasy when I first saw this the other day. It's not the fact that they used the info, but that they disregard where they got the info from and still they have now idea on how to utilize the info. I can verify that PsyMan posted this games.dat info because I personally put out a requested for that info a while back using this forum.

Jakob

evil *******
lmao, true vamp...

Apparently they have zero qualms about taking credit for others work, that's sad.