What's new

No$GBA is now FREE!!!!!!

jeffkong

Go to it's official site at
http://www.work.de/nocash/gba.htm
There is the debug version that still costs money but it's really only for developers.

From what I've seen it has the same exact compatibility as VBA. So why would anyone bother, when VBA is around with so many features.

LINK SUPPORT that's why!!!!

NO$GBA has link support!! Atleast it claims to, I'm having trouble setting it up, I managed to get 2 games running but I can't link them, if anyone knows how to get the link function working please tell me.

But if someone can get it to work, this will mean BIG news to GBA emulation.

OP
J

jeffkong

there is some very interesting information at the no$gba site

----------------------------------------------------
Supporting the no$gba project
If somebody would like to help me on the nocash project, here's a list of some things that'd be useful to me:
- a SP console (the GBA with backlight)
- a DS console (the new gameboy with two screens)
- technical DS programming specifications
- a game cartridge with FLASH backup memory (a real cartridge, not a rom-image)
- bug reports (detailed info please: say what does not work in which situations)
And, someone doing support for no$gba freeware users - if somebody would want to reply questions per email would be great, or if somebody would run a no$gba forum on his server - something that helps people whom want to use no$gba without knowing anything about computers...
----------------------------------------------------

So the person is interested in DS... hmmm...

also I got link support to work, it's very good.

smcd

The author of the No$ series of emulators/tools/etc is quite a gifted individual IMO.

OP
J

jeffkong

First load no$gba and choose a rom, not zipped.

Go to options, then to emulation settings from the menu bar.
Put in the number of emulated Gameboys (2 or more), choose Gamepaks in all GBAs, and choose automatic link cable type.

Remember to also set the controls for each player. Also choose Save options, to save the settings. Some other options like VGA video intensity are very good to select as well.

Last edited:
OP
J

jeffkong

I can't get four swords to work either. It crashes when I'm about to get it started, maybe someone can find a way around that to make it work. I tried the European, and the US version and I get the same problem. I've even tried with intros and without, nothing changes. Maybe the Japanese version will work, I haven't checked that one.

By the way, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror works perfectly on link.

it stuckes when i traid to register the charecters but I found a way
to go arund that I start the first window to work and layter the other but it steel stuckes when I am trying to pres start to connect.
It didnt crached when I made the link for two players and not automatic but then it didnt conected!

OP
J

jeffkong

yep, the same with me.
I also tried the Japanese version and the exact same thing happens.

Shining Soul 1 and 2 work, so if you like Zelda four swords you may enjoy that.

OP
J

jeffkong

Normal emulates a 2 player link cable, and Multiplay emulates a 4 player link cable. Just set it to Automatic and the emulator will decide which is best when.

As I try out this emulator more, I see it doesn't have as good of compatibility as VBA. Sonic Battle, and Sonic Advance 1 and 2 don't work for example. It still has very high compatibility, but just not as high as VBA.

Also DBZ Supersonic Warriors doesn't work in link mode, it crashes the emulator.

OP
J

jeffkong

I've tried it, along with every possible settings and the same problems still continues.

We could contact the creator, who in fact wishes to be contacted about bugs at
http://work.typo3.work.de/nocash/gba.htm

Supporting the no$gba project
If somebody would like to help me on the nocash project, here's a list of some things that'd be useful to me:
- a SP console (the GBA with backlight)
- a DS console (the new gameboy with two screens)
- technical DS programming specifications
- a game cartridge with FLASH backup memory (a real cartridge, not a rom-image)
- bug reports (detailed info please: say what does not work in which situations)
And, someone doing support for no$gba freeware users - if somebody would want to reply questions per email would be great, or if somebody would run a no$gba forum on his server - something that helps people whom want to use no$gba without knowing anything about computers...

I couldn't find an email address though, maybe you could. Please tell me if you do know it.

smcd

Considering this guy writes everything himself and does so in assembly, it is quite a feat! I've noticed some control issues (Up/Down control directions aren't working for games that I try, and pressing A+B+Select+Start simultaneously will crash it [using a digital gamepad, didn't do it from the keyboard]) but other than that, it's a decent little emulator.

OP
J

jeffkong

Zelda four swords works!!!!!

Just add the bios, the ts2.bios one. Of course, legally obtained :whistling

This has also fixed many other games, wonderful emulator.